Phantis Forums

Favourite European Moment at Leoforo

Yaniotis1

With UEFA giving a deadline and this being the last year for our legendary home, i wanted to start a topic asking what was everybodies favourite european moment at Apostolos Nikolaidis. I'm a youngster and i haven't seen some of the older ones like the 3-0 against Red Star. But my favourite moment would have to be the 3-0 thrashing of Anderlecht in the 4th round of the UEFA cup. The atmosphere at that game was rediculous, and it was one of the best games we have ever played in europe.

we lost to the greates side in Porto history in overtime....wow what a disgrace, this team went on to take the UEFA cup, Portuguese League, Portuguese Cup, and the Portuguese League the next year, the CHAMPIONS League cup the next year, and many of its players were on the Portugal national team that made it to the finals in EUro 2004.

The best moment has to have been the 3-0 victory over Red Star in 1971!

Another one I can remember well was the Papoutsakis header, after a corner kick, in the closing moments of play v. Glentoran (1965?) that gave PAO a 3-2 victory and made them the first team from Greece to advance in the Cup of Champions...

"so where is your best player douros the last 2 season as well as the ref in the kipello game?"

Why don't you watch those two games (PAO - OSFP and the Cup Final) again and look at them objectively. If you could do that, you will discover that both of those Karagiozides favored your team, which should be playing with 7-8 players max in each game.

Yes, I totally agree that Kyrgiakos should be red carded like Giovanni. Other than that oversight, Douros was playing for Olympiakos. As for the other koraki with the schizophrenic personality, I need to say nothing at all!

Unless of course, you believe the hysterical theatrics of your great coach at the time!!

I got those two games on DVD, handy for some other local olympiakakides that talk s%$#! like you.

Take another look, and you will see the truth...

"so where is your best player douros the last 2 season as well as the ref in the kipello game?"

Why don't you watch those two games (PAO - OSFP and the Cup Final) again and look at them objectively. If you could do that, you will discover that both of those Karagiozides favored your team, which should be playing with 7-8 players max in each game.

Yes, I totally agree that Kyrgiakos should be red carded like Giovanni. Other than that oversight, Douros was playing for Olympiakos. As for the other koraki with the schizophrenic personality, I need to say nothing at all!

Unless of course, you believe the hysterical theatrics of your great coach at the time!!

I got those two games on DVD, handy for some other local olympiakakides that talk s%$#! like you.

Take another look, and you will see the truth...

clearly u r not using logic here were talking about the 2-2 here screw the kipello

if douros was on our side.. dont u think maybe just maybe he would have also ejected Kiriako also and not only giovanni ?

watch the game over and over the refs pushed u that day,, the end of the season

you should not be surprised at this

there we can agree

but some people (not all of us. insist to thid day after 7 years.. when we benefit from terrible refs its corruption... when it benefits u. its terrible refereeing )

this is true but there are only a handful of people who know the absolute truth.. ;)

...and its not us...

clearly u r not using logic here were talking about the 2-2 here screw the kipello

if douros was on our side.. dont u think maybe just maybe he would have also ejected Kiriako also and not only giovanni ?

hey that was very hard to notice his punch. he was on top of him and it was tought to see. i wouldnt take the word of another player after he tripped somebody to send the other guy off, especially giovanni. face it, it sucks, but every top referee in the world would do the exact same. also didnt you get a goal that didnt cross the line? thats not helping you?

and in the kypello you had players making tackles with 100% intent to injure. OSFP should have been down 2 players .

yeah...georgatos should have been immediately sent off and suspended as should have anatolakis on that tackle on pap...the goaline goal in the league match was a tight call..its 50-50 and that way it went olys way...the punching went our way..there was one or two angles where u could actually see kyriakos throw punches..the linesman on the far corner was blocked by other players' bodies as well as the way kyriakos and giovanni were turning...the referee was not looking at the incident until giovanni reacted...i comletely admit..kyriakos' actions were very disgraceful (as much as i liked seeing giovanni get smashed) he was extremely wrong in hiis actions and should have recieved a longer ban...giovanni definitly reacted in the wrong way as well..i think the punches were about as disgraceful as georgatos stomping on paps knee and attempting to end his career and then on top of that trying to argue with the ref to not card him...

anyway..these things will continue to happen in derbies..the refereeing will contine to be terrible until the epo bring in a good foreign ref for the match(which isnt gunna happen)...

but its in the past now..lets look on...

if douros was on our side.. dont u think maybe just maybe he would have also ejected  Kiriako also and not only giovanni ?

hey that was very hard to notice his punch. he was on top of him and it was tought to see. i wouldnt take the word of another player after he tripped somebody to send the other guy off, especially giovanni. face it, it sucks, but every top referee in the world would do the exact same. also didnt you get a goal that didnt cross the line? thats not helping you?

and in the kypello you had players making tackles with 100% intent to injure. OSFP should have been down 2 players .

ok Im not talking about that kipello game (the 3-1)

when PAO played AEK in the quarterfinals... aek had 2 players sent off and u guys scored in the 95th minute to tie it up in the first leg

when we were doing this .. u guys ripped us about having the erfs push us

well im just doing the same !

Archived