Phantis Forums

Basketball History

Haverhillpao1

Hello gents, I had the priviledge of meeting a former PAO players that played for PAO in the early 90's. he is an American player by the name of Dwayne McLain,grew up in Massachussetts, played for Villanonas championship team in1985 and the Indiana Pacers.

He was very impressed by the PAO fans and their passion along with the knowledge of basketball that they posess.

where can i get some stats on his PAO careers

Early 90's? I doubt it bro, maybe you mean early 80's.

Early 80's our foreigners were Edgar Jones, Antonio Davis, Wayne Yearwood, Scott Roth then we had Europeans...

Maybe he meant PAOK not PAO. But not even at PAOK can I recall a McClain.

As him who his team mates where.

I will put your query forward to another forum and try to find out.

Evergreen, he did play for PAO. lived in Glyfada and he mentioned the European Championship that we won and how when they traveled around Europe they got to watch soccer matches.. He was playing the same time as Tarpley when he was with PAOK. He played against Galis in the Big East..quite knowledgable in Greek Basketball..Dino played after him....

lol..Tarpley never played for PAOK. He played for Aris, Olympiakos and Iraklis (for while before he got busted smoking pot)

Anyway I'll tell you PAO's foreigners in the 90's because I reme like the back of my hand.

88-89 Edgar Jones

89-90 Antonio Davis

90-91 Wayne Yearwood and Scott Roth

91-92 (This is the only season I can't recall our foreigner, but I would have been only one 'cause we didn't qualify for Europe)

92-93 Arijan Komazec- Stojan Vrankovic (Tarpley plays for Aris)

93-94 Alexander Volkov- Stojan Vrankovic (Tarpley plays for Olympiakos)

94-95 Zarko Paspalj- Stojan Vrankovic

95-96 Dominique Wilkins- Stojan Vrankovic

96-97 Byron Dinkins- John Salley-Anthony Avend-Julius Nuozu

97-98 Dino Radja- Byron Scott

98-99 Dino Radja- Dejan Bodiroga

99-00 Dejan Bodiroga-Zeljko Rebraca

mmmmm...I don't want to be rude to your friend but maybe he played for a lesser team like Sporting, Panionios or Dafni or something because for those dates you give me, he definately never played for us because I've been following the team VERY closely ever since the 92-93 season.

LOL :D You can't imagine what you have created in the PAO forum I have posted this. One thing is for sure. HE NEVER PLAYED FOR PANATHINAIKOS. That is definate now..read the thread I will post of what has been said so far and you will see who he played for B)

-----------------

EveGreen:

Kati gia tous palios...

Ena palikari mas evale ena erwthma se ena allo forum..egw proswpika den 8umamai tetoio paixth kai tou eipa oti isws na ennoei arxes '80 opou edw 8a xreistoune ta griza mallia tou forum

"Hello gents, I had the priviledge of meeting a former PAO players that played for PAO in the early 90's. he is an American player by the name of Dwayne McLain,grew up in Massachussetts, played for Villanona's championship team in 1985 and the Indiana Pacers.

He was very impressed by the PAO fans and their passion along with the knowledge of basketball that they posess.where can i get some stats on his PAO career?"

Kserei kaneis???

------------

galis:

ego prosopika proti fora akouo to onoma tou...

monaxa mia fotografia brika. tha tin balo na parete kamia idea kai ... pios kseri.. isos thimithi kanenas tin fatsa tou

Posted Image

---------------

PWD:

elpizw na mhn ginw rompa alla eimai sxedon sigouros oti den exei perasei aftos o paixths POTE apo ton panathinaiko...isws epaikse enantion mas kai kavlwse..ti na pw

miou:

M

Hello gents, I had the priviledge of meeting a former PAO players that played for PAO in the early 90's. he is an American player by the name of Dwayne McLain,grew up in Massachussetts, played for Villanonas championship team in1985 and the Indiana Pacers.

He was very impressed by the PAO fans and their passion along with the knowledge of basketball that they posess.

where can i get some stats on his PAO careers

Man i think u must be mixed up badly!

Did u meet him in Australia?

Dwayne Mclain played for the Sydney Kings in the 90's his name was the D Train ;)

I dont ever recall him playing for Pao :la:

Archived