Phantis Forums

Watch Ert sat thru ex tarbs boxes

There is a russian guy that can divert your old tarbs dish and reprogram your satellite receiver to ert sat frequency for only $70.00

If anyone is interested his mobile number is 0414838141

He can also do new set ups if you haven't got this equipment. He is reliable and honest at what he does.

I know its only one channel at this stage, but at least we are getting some soccer coverage and athlitiki kyriaki at this stage. He can also do something for antenna, just talk to him.

Hey? This is illegal! I can't believe you even posted his phone number! You can put this guy to jail today!

Lazarus?

no this is not illegal !

if u buy a sat-receiver in europe then u can also pick up lots of channels for free but only the channels that are not encypted and if u look ert-sat is not encypted.

but ert-sat dont show any games in europe

I don't think it is illegal. TARBS no longer exists, and the ERT-Sat signal is FTA (Free to Air) via satellite in the Pacific region.

However very soon, a new company will be offering ERT-Sat (and other Greek channels). It is possible that at that point the FTA feed of ERT-Sat to become scrambled.

Just to clarify things. Ert sat is a free service that is provided outside of greece for the omogenia by the greek government.

This service has been transmitted for free, but no one knew about it at the time. until some lad in phantis forum made it known to us. in Australia sbs has been screening ert sat for years prior to any tarbs.

And it will be continued to be screened free to air because the company taking over tarbs UBI have notified me that ert sat will be screened free to air.

UBI will be using different feed to access ert sat along with the other channels mad tv,mega,antenna and alpha it intends to launch in a couple of weeks.

So why not let every one take advantage of this and not pay companies such as Ubi (puppet of previous tarbs). remaining greek channels are not that great.

they send out crapy programs to omogenia. At least with ert sat they have showed some respect to omegenia and are doing something about it.

the ultimate would be to be able to subscribe to nova by satellite and get all greek channels and supersport channels. But unfortunately, we live in one of the most remote places on earth and no one gives a s%$#! about australia.

The boys in the states and canada probably have the best chance in getting this service before we do.

Green, you're correct about ERT-Sat being FTA.

As for NOVA. The chances of us outside of Europe geting NOVA is none.

NOVA by law, should not be available outside of Greece anyway. The fact that people in Europe are receiving it is because the satellite footprint carrying the NOVA platform reaches Europe. Also, for Europeans to get the NOVA signals they have to either go through an address in Greece by-passing the law 9something called GREY MARKET here in US), or going the illegal way of receiving it by hacking the boxes. The NOVA signals do not reach North America or the Pacific. If they did, we would do the same here as the Europeans do. Now NOVA is kind of closing it's eyes as far as the Europe reception is concerned. In the end they still get paid for their service (except for the hacked boxes). That is why NOVA (who also owns Supersport) let ERT-Sat broadcast some of the games, but only in North America and Pacific. They did not want ERT-Sat to have those games shown in Europe, because they are counting on the European viewers to get the NOVA service through the "grey market" for those games.

As a side note, I also read somewhere that people in Australia were able to use the old TARBS equipment to receive the Setanta PAcific Channel, which sometimes shows Greek NT games to that reagion. As far as I remember the Setanta signal was also FTA few months ago. I am not sure if that is still the case though.

Green, you're correct about ERT-Sat being FTA.

As for NOVA. The chances of us outside of Europe geting NOVA is none.

NOVA by law, should not be available outside of Greece anyway. The fact that people in Europe are receiving it is because the satellite footprint carrying the NOVA platform reaches Europe. Also, for Europeans to get the NOVA signals they have to either go through an address in Greece by-passing the law 9something called GREY MARKET here in US), or going the illegal way of receiving it by hacking the boxes. The NOVA signals do not reach North America or the Pacific. If they did, we would do the same here as the Europeans do. Now NOVA is kind of closing it's eyes as far as the Europe reception is concerned. In the end they still get paid for their service (except for the hacked boxes). That is why NOVA (who also owns Supersport) let ERT-Sat broadcast some of the games, but only in North America and Pacific. They did not want ERT-Sat to have those games shown in Europe, because they are counting on the European viewers to get the NOVA service through the "grey market" for those games.

i can tell u that nova is not hacked in any way and 70% or more nova subcribers live outside greece.

even i had it once and i gave up an address in grecce(in my passport it says that i live outside greece) but they didn complain cause they just love money :angry:

It is my understanding that some people in Europe get NOVA through hacked boxes. They might be a minority though.

I am not suprised that NOVA probably gets more business outside of Greece as you say. I am sure that was their plan all the time. It's a business and all they care about is money as you say. That's why they won't allow ERT-Sat to show the games in Europe. They count on the European based omogeni who want to see the soccer games to get NOVA through Greek address. Everyone wins in this situation. Omogeni get their games, and NOVA gets their money.

That's right the old TARBs box is basically a FTA box so tuning into ERT SAt is perfectly legal.

As for SETANTA, it transmits on the same satellite as ERT SAt (Optus B3) and even thought we were able to see Greece-Turkey, they encrypted the next Greek game and I am guessing this will continue for games to follow :(

Archived