Phantis Forums

Zenit vs AEk UEFA CUP

original21

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dont want pity.....

We played the worst 45' minutes of football possible and we deserved to cop it. The players must learn that results dont come, but you must work for it and continue to work at it together.

Today offered a valuble lesson......I just hope everyone picked up on it.

Ill repeat something:

KA8E AGWNAS DUSKOLOS

Shkwste kefali.......

the score line was absolutely disastrous but kalo mas kanei. Ta muala mas den prepei na pairnoun aera casue we came back and beat the gries last weekend. Like many of you have said before..its going to take a lot of work and patience for this team to become what it once was. I just hope that this was a wake up call and not the start of a trend.

Mas gamisan gia ta kala!!!

AEK will move on and hopefully go through. But it will be difficult no matter what. Lille lost to Aachen today 1-0. I think Aachen are in Bundisliga II, but I could be wrong about that. In any case, Lille are a tough side as well and are near the top of the table in France. AEK can't afford to get another bad result like this.

Now listen guys.... ...

I saw the game yesterday on tv.... but as there was a problem with the TV only from the 31' minute...

What I saw there was good (1st half)....I would also say very good ....

We had a good organised team.... , who played chances out.... Zenith wasn't looking good at all.... ...and no one would have thought that final score in the first half...when you saw the teams playing.... in fact we could have gone with 2 goals ahead.... And I was very proud of my AEK.

Suddenly the 1 - 1 came ... in a very unfavorable moment (43 min.) ...... and plus more it was a clear foul from the Russian Striker as he raised streched his whole leg and foot to the hight of Abonsah's head....and disturbed him to head it away....... this was a clear foul......... the ball went through and the russian passed back and goal......

Till there that was a good AEK team.....

In the second half ....... the slowness of Kostenoglou and Alves was the basis for our high defeat....... even when we were 1 - 2 behind.... Katsouranis missed a huge chance ... to equalise..... further on we copped one goal just after the beginning of the second half-time...... so 1 -1 and 1 - 2 came psychological in a very bad moment.....

But mark my words AEK has substance..... this is clear........from what I saw in the first half..... my eyes are schooled for teams, organisation on the pitch , the movements of the players....and their skills....

After the 1 - 3.... everything was over.... and I saw a bad AEK.........

What has disapointed me the most.... was the physical presentation of the team in the second half.....from a young team... I expect much more ....attendance... for running around the pitch..... there I expected them faster (with the exception of Soares..., that's why he scores a lot)...... and with more endurance.....

But it could be that they have given up the game after the 1 - 3

Things to be noticed:

We can't afford to have more than one slow Center Back....

The 1 - 1 in the 43. minute was a clear foul.... going with 1 - 0 in the half time , we never would have lost 1 - 5........

AEK in general was not so bad.....as the 1 - 5 says.........

5 goals received....could play a massive role .... at the end ... when we would be equal in points with any other team....

St. Petersburg.... could easily play.... in the CL...and would beat many teams there....in Russia...... (The funny thing is , that the Russians were a team of last pot in the drawing ceremony)...

bad result for aek but a loss for us was bound to come sooner or later better now to get players back to the ground and start fresh with kallithea on sunday and get this out of their minds.

big losses occur all the time and aek need to bounch back from this with good performance to show that we are a decent team rebuilding.

good thing is we creating enough chances in a game to win all the time. bad thing is we arent scoring even half of them and we copped it in the end from defensive errors. 1st time this has happened to aek hopefully the last time as well.

on lymbe days in national team why who said he had a chance of getting back into the team anyway? unless im missing something.

on lymbe days in national team why who said he had a chance of getting back into the team anyway? unless im missing something.

After the first 3 games of our NT....many Greeks cry after Liberopoulos and others....

So, I had the chance to watch Libe in an international game...., just to see his true value.....

And I can say now.... I can fully understand Rehhagel, why he does not take him..... always on international level spoken.......

When I saw AEK 0-1 ahead...

I boasted with confidence that it would be a good start for the Greek teams at the Uefa :ph34r:

By the end of the day I was depressed

All losses were tough

Aek was the worst because they were ahead

I do not ever remember a similar result for AEK in Europe

After all, this is a Greek team that has given us many results worth celebrating. :tup:

It is a hard one to swallow, but all is not lost

Unlike the CL, AEK could even qualify as third.

With some help from the first and second teams, 4-6 points might be all AEK needs :)

Get it right it Athens boys :box:

PEACE

AEKtzides should not worry... i saw the highlights and it was a sparkling first-half which ended sorrily for AEK... i did not notice any fouls in the Zenith's first goal but many of the critics called it a clear foul...

anyway, second half is deceptive and a 4 goal difference is not the real case... But AEK definitely needs a solid goalkeeper, that's for sure... Hiotis is not good as he was two-three seasons ago and Michailydis is making s%$#! all over the place... Soares seems to be the biggest exploit for AEK at the age of 31 and I strongly feel that Kabanthais will be a Greek footballing star...

So don't worry mates, AEK will be OK :)

This is supposed to be a rebuilding year, so no one should have to hight expectations. We can still qualify, but we must beat Lille at home in order to have a chance.

As i said before the game, traveling to Russia is no easy task. Many big clubs have fallen there, so it was always to be expected. We should draw on the positives of the first half, and focus our concentration to Sundays important league match. I am expecting a big turn out!!!!!

And yes,we need a new keeper!!!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

It would be up to the ref to decide if the foot was high enough and if the defender was close enough to call an indirect foul. I, personally, didn't see it and can't pass judgement.

I was too busy seeing Aigaleo and Panionios being unlucky! :(

What a rotten day for Greek football! :tdown:

Well, guys... I don't want to give the impression that we didn't deserve the defeat..... but

Irlandos,

Abonsah was standing straight .... he is about 1.80 m tall.... The Russian jumps with stretched feet towards his directions...... and puts his feet as high as his head...., when he wanted to head away the ball...... he's pointing him with shoe bottom...

Ok he didn't touch him.... but the rule says....

Dangerous Play with "Contact"... = Direct Free-Kick...

Dangerous Play without "Contact"..... = Free-Kick Non-Direct.....

18 of 20 Referees whistle in such actions....... but if you have as Referee "The Turk"....or the Spaniard Referee.... so they would not whistle it in the 43. minute....

nightsurfer are these the same amount of people who said otto should take zikos in squad for euro and not take tsiartas or demis and take others etc? are they same ppl who say zaharopoulos should be in national team or salpiggidis?

lets not take these claims serious i certainly dont. we all like to become coaches as we think we know best even i disagree with some coaches selections or players played etc but in end of the day they know better then us.

Archived