Phantis Forums

Tsiartas to PAOK?

Ziaka

Tsiartas in a PAOK uniform eh?

Well, I try and look at this from two perspectives.

One: He will be a positive addition to the team. He has loads of skill and on a team with a serious lack of skill in his position, that could greatly benefit the club. His free kicks alone could be the difference for PAOK in many games (Anyone remembering Frantseskos?).

Two: He will be a negative addition to the team because of his attitude. He might start bitching and moaning about pay, about the time he plays in the games, about the foreign coach, etc.. And these will invariably find their way into the psyche of the club. He has a history of this. So if PAOK do sign him and he starts to bitch about anything, let's not act surprised eh?

Either way, I'd say PAOK should go for him. He could salvage the season to a certain degree and there is no telling how much some of the younger players could learn from him.

FORZA PAOK

batigoal u make a good point about tsiartas moaning and groaning. the guy is a classic he wont go to paok for peanuts the guy will be after min 500,000 euro he puts his value very high and he wont play well until he gets it either.

as for his talents no need to talk about those we all know what he can do when he turns it on from aek to euro to goal vs ukaraine.

whether paok have so much money left over to sign him up is another question.

I don't know how much the latest talk about Tsiartas is a press fabrication or if there is some truth in those headlines. Let's not forget that most of these news come from one source, and that is the newspaper/radio station Metrosport, and we know who runs that newspaper.

If the interest by PAOK is true, I hope thay can work something out with Tsiartas. Tsiartas is proven player, which he demonstrates everywhere he plays. He will definitively help the team in a position where we desparately need help. Can you imagine Tsiartas feeding Salpiggidis his passes? It's player that we are missing right now. There is nobody helping our guys up front, and it reflects in the lack of scoring so far this season.

Another positive would be that the fans would come back to Toumba to watch the games. After the latest failures in CL and UEFA Cup, lot of PAOK fans are dissapointed, and would probably be staying away from Toumba. Bringing Tsiartas would definitively energize the fans.

Let me say that if Tsiartas comes, it would be a temporary solution. At the same time the team should be thinking about the future by integrating the young players into the team, and possibly look for other talent through trades.

We have all heard about his character, but lets not forget that he played for AEK, which had major financial problems. He was just looking out for his interests, something that all players do. As long as PAOK is paying him his salary, I don't think there will be problems.

In closing I think in getting Tsiartas, the positives would outweigh the negatives, and would be a good move by the team in my opinion.

Some information is coming out. Apparently Giannis Goumenos will meet with Tsiartas next week.

Tsiartas is demanding 1.5 year contract worth 1 millioin Euro.

PAOK is willing to offer 450,000 Euro + CL bonuses + bonuses on how he performs.

Finally, there is rumor that Iraklis will enter the bidding process for Tsiartas.

Tsiartas is demanding 1.5 year contract worth 1 millioin Euro.

Well I guess that pretty much precludes him from coming to PAOK then. If those are his demands, and we all know him to be pretty fickle about money, then it's case closed.

Move on PAOK--clean house and let the young kids in.

It's not going to be easy to clean house. Most of the players re-negotiated their contracts during the summer, and for PAOK to release them, they will need to pay up the rest of their contracts. It might be ok for players like Amaefule who don't make much, but how are you going to get rid of players like Giasemis, who makes over 150K and who extended his contract by two years.

The only moves I see is letting players like Koutsis whose contract expires in December.

As for Tsiartas, I begin to feel that this whole thing is a creation by media with the help of the player's manager. There is just no way that PAOK can pay that much money to Tsiartas. And if there was interest by PAE PAOK, they would ber doing it behind the scenes, and not through the sleazy Thessaloniki sports press.

The meeting with Tsiartas was supposedly postponed. Tsiartas on the other hand complained that there are financial figures published in the press depite the fact that he has yet to talk to anybody from PAE PAOK. He also said that he has other offers that he is thinking about.

The more I hear, the more I believe that Tsiartas IS NOT coming to PAOK.

Another Saloniki press headline is that PAOK will go for Gekas from Kallithea, and is also thinking about Nebegleras.

You can keep him. I'll take Ebede though. Right now!!!

No word on when Goumenos will meet with Tsiartas. I heard that Tsiartas will demand 400K up front in order to sign. Don't know if that's true, or more press fabrication.

Archived