Phantis Forums

A' Division: PAOK - Aris

Ziaka

On Sunday, October 24, PAOK plays Aris at Toumba in the traditional Thessaloniki "derby".

Both teams seem to be having tough time on the field so far, with Aris only having one point so far. People also expected a lot more from PAOK this season. Having said that a PAOK - Aris game is always an exciting affair. PAOK seems to be in better shape than Aris right now, but other factors also enter the picture, when the two teams meet.

It is expected that PAOK fans will come out to give support to the team. I expect more than 15,000 fans at Toumba on Sunday.

My predition is 2-0 win for PAOK. Salpiggidis and Skarmoutsos the goal scorers.

Well both teams always come out to play hard in this one. Doesn't matter where they are on the table and who the stars are. Of course I'm hoping for a PAOK win but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aris snuck a goal or two past PAOK's defense and goalkeeper. 2-2 or 3-2 win for PAOK.

I didnt realise how bad Aris were.......PAOK should win.

Original, you should reserve your judgement for a little longer anyway. I believe the games we lost were against quality, for the Greek league, opponents. If these losses, to the same opponents, were spread out through the coarse of the season they wouldn't appear to be as bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking that Aris is a super power but I believe we will finish in the middle of the pack and won't be anywhere near the position we were in at seasons end last year.

Aris will receive 1,450 tickets for the game. 20,000 tickets will be available to PAOK fans. Gate 7 will be closed.

Kostas Finokaliotis will be the referee for the game.

On Thursday, Fringer will give a press conference, where he is expected outline his future plans for PAOK.

Finally PAE PAOK has distributed 650,000 Euro to players in form of salary payments and bonuses that were agreed for last season.

PAOK will be missing Maladenis and Feutchine in Sunday's game due to injuries. As for Koutsis and Hasiotis, it will be decided tommorrow if they will play.

Possible line-up for PAOK is as follows:

Atmatsidis, Karypidis, Hasiotis or Zisopoulos, Vokolos, Udese, Koutsis or Theodoridis, Hagan, Andralas, Vaggelis, Salpiggidis, Giasemis or Skarmoutsos.

Shortly before the 1 - 1.... Atmatzidis tried to play the ball in his own penalty box area...... between the legs of an Aris striker :blink:

I can not remember to have seen such an action.... ever before in a professional game...

The equalisation was the consequence...... but for fairness it should be said.....that the referee should have given obstruction foul on Atmatzidis..... on this action.

Archived