Phantis Forums

Panionios - Newcastle Utd.

HOLLYWOOD

So the whistle's just gone for half time and the score is 0-0. Panionios have played well, showing good hunger to get the ball and stopping Newcastle from being able to get into their groove.

Having said that, Newcastle have made chances and have put a few over the bar that they ought to have done better with. But Panionios's reserve goalkeeper has made a few good saves and the boys in red and blue have shown some promise going forward - winning several corners and getting a couple of good headers on goal.

After no doubt getting a roasting from Sounness at half-time, I'm guessing Newcastle will come out fighting in the second half, but if Panionios can keep hustling them out of the game and maybe take one of their chances, they could still get a result out of this. But, as I said before the game, a draw would still be a great result. The hard bit is going to be stopping Newcastle from scoring.

Exciting stuff! Weird seeing the Nea Smyrni ground on TV - but nice to see it looking busy and to see Panionios very much doing themselves justice.

I think that Ameobi did a little hurdle and tripped at that controversial moment in the 87th minute. No way a ref should have given that so late in the game! :tdown:

Even the English announcers were divided as to whether it was a penalty or not. :(

Archived