Phantis Forums

Olisadebe Warming up

Phantis

Food for Thought:

Im jst wondering can he play a full 90 mins when his 100%?? if so i belive that he and Pap (when his 100%) should start i mean imagine the strike power and goals with them two!!

Dnt get me wrong i think that Palto is very good however his in-ability to score is really hurting us! i mean he does great work and works his arse of however he really needs to start scoring..

What u guys think??

papa and oliadebe may not be a good combo...they are strikers with very simialr qualities that need another forward like michali to partner them...last year when the played together it didnt look great but i may be wrong...i think any combo of our three striker is a great one..

michali is a holding forward, manoli has speed..michali wins the ball and looks for the second ball in..he drags players away and is unbeatable in th air...manoli is the quick skilled player to run onto thru balls and find the gaps...they are very different players...

Sorry guys but this convo about Manoli and Papa not being a good combo is wrong. We don't know 1st of all because they haven't started ANY games together and let's not forget the not to distant past where the combo of Saravakos- Warzycha (1989-1994) would score at least 30 league goals a season. Both were small in stature but both had pace and both were clinical finishers.

The differance now would be PAO would have to stop the long ball forward looking for the Palto's head. The Palto, we all agree has fighting spirit but he can't score. 0 goals from 8 games tell the whole story. He's had his chances and just can't score. i've told you a simular story in the past where I as a junior was a striker but as I got to senior level, I wasn't good enough to put the ball in the net enough times as a striker would and was ultimately changed position (stopper and DM) where I helped the team a lot more than I did previously. The guys that should play up front as those who can put the ball in the back of the net. Simple as that. The Palto can be a useful back up cos I can't see him being able to play another position.

Dimi and Oli will spread horror with their pace and opportunism. They both seldom waste their chances.

Archived