Phantis Forums

Trying too many Headers by Ellas?

Otto_Rehagalinis

I have noticed in the last 2 games Albania and Turkey that the team tries too many crosses for headers instead of shooting it or passing around the ball for a closer shot. Trying to hit Charisteas every time to head it is not going to work.

I have seen Giannakopoulos shoot a bullet from almost half the field as an OLY player and Basinas shoot from almost the halfway point as PAO player. Karagounis almost scored against Albania from the half point. Why arent we shooting the ball if we can from far and closer in the box? Crossing the ball so much I think is wasted possession if the players are marked. Opening the play on the sides and coming in for shots would be a better tactic.

what do u guys think?

crossing is part of a style many teams play. its the best way to get quick penetration and exploit an open space with a quick and hard to save shot........ trying to just run into the area doesnt really work....

i prefer the open game- once the ball is on the wings it draws defenders and keeper out to leave open space on the opposite side....

Archived