Phantis Forums

Anastasiadis is gone!

Batigol

Okay, his name is actually ROLF FREIGER (pronounced FRY-GER). He has also had some coaching experience with Greeks when he coached in Cyprus with Apollon Limassol.

I would imagine that any Cypriots or Greeks in Switzerland would be able to tell us more about him. I've looked through Google and on the UEFA website and I can't find much more about the guy.

The correct name is: Rolf Fringer

1. He is not very popular in Switzerland

2. the 2 titles he got by accident

conclusion: an averange coach

I think he will not be longer than 6 months on Paok's bench

But don't you think that was just the problem. The fact that they were not listening to him. How can this team, the SAME team as last year, play such disorganized football this year? It wasn't like that last year at all. Last year they played together. Sure they struggled, but they still managed to surprise a lot of people and pull off some good wins. That wasn't happening this year at all.

I personally think the players stopped listening to him this year. Like Ziaka has mentioned in other posts, maybe they bitter with admin over the renegotiated contracts, or the CL bonuses. Either way, they got a good man fired.

Well, I am disappointed to see Anastasiadis gone, but seeing the team was on a downwards spiral it was not unexpected. Hopefully this move will change the course for the team. I don't know how effective the new coach will be. There will have to be some player moves during tranfer periods.

Rolf Freiger will have his work cut out for him. Let's hope he can set the team in the right direction. I don't see him accomplishing much in the long run though, but let's give him some time to prove himself. At least we did not end up with Karageorgiou as a coach. If you want my opinion, Anastasidis will eventually come back to coach to the team.

Georgios Kostikos will serve as a technical advisor at PAOK. He quit his job as the coach of the U-17 NT in order to accept this position. The old PAOK goalkeeper Nikos Michopoulos will take on the job as a goaltender coach :o .

Here are news about this from Metrosport:

http://www.metrosport.gr/modules.php?name=FirstPageNews&func=viewcurrent&varid=14807'>

Needless to say that the front office has planned this move for a while, since it is slowly coming to light that Rolf Freiger was in the stands of Toumba during the game with Kerkyra.

Anastasiadis met with the players to say his goodbyes, and on the way out told the reporters that he is always ready to help the team when needed. Mark my words, he will eventually be back.

The more information I gather about his firing, the more I get the feeling that this move was planned for a while. I get the feeling that he was made a scapegoat for all the problems facing the team. And those problems are mostly financial.

First of all some in the media are spinning this as a resignation by Anastasiadis. From what I am hearing this is far from the truth. Supposedly, Giannis Goumenos called Anastasiadis to his office today and told him to resign. Anastasiadis refused to hand in his resignation. At that point Goumenos asked him again to resign. Anastasiadis then told Goumenos that he will step down, but asked that he remain on the bench for the games gainst Alkmaar and Iraklis. Goumenos refused to accept this offer, and told Anastasiadis that he is fired.

It should be noted that the Pagonis/Goumenos leadership planned this move for a while now, since it came to light that the they have been talking for a while with Karageorgiou. They have also talked with the coach they hired for a while as well. He has been in the stands for PAOK's game game against Kerkyra observing his future team.

Well it's not Rolf Fringel..... but Rolf Fringer.... , he is Austrian but grow up in Adliswil near Zurich with his Austrian mother and an Italian stepfather........ ..... I know some points of his biography...... In the last years though...his destiny in general was not favorable to him..... what does his facial expression suggest to you ?

Posted Image

It was way to early to fire Anastastasiadis.... bad move by PAOK management.... thinngs are looking bleak for PAOK... :(

• 1 month later...

The fact who wanted and did not want metagrafes in the summer is not quite clear. It's possible that it was Anastasiadis, but there are indications that the front office used Anastasiadis as a scapegoat to cover their incompetence.

As for Coach of the year I think Anastasiadis deserved that honor, since he took the team during one of the most difficult periods (Batatoudis running the team to the ground) and managed to finish in the 3rd place. The only other coach who might have deserved the honors might have been Paraschos of Chalkydona.

Archived