Phantis Forums

US OPEN CUP MATCH

evalagoal

Ok did anyone of you happen to catch the US Open Cup Match, KC vs Chicago? :tdown:

Was it a joke or what? This major tournament/Cup (whatever you want to call it) has been happening for over 50 yrs. in the US and there was hardly anyone wattching the game live at the stadium. It just goes to show you on how far back US soccer is compared to the world. And it almost makes me think that really US doesn't want soccer to become a major sport in the US. :tdown:

As a fan of soccer I thought that it was a shame and rediculious and made me not want to watch the game on TV. :tdown:

What do you all think?

I understand what you are saying. I think the thing you have to remember about the United States is that they don't care about additional tournaments. People just don't understand the significance and it's sad. I went to the Open Cup Final in New York last year and there was only 5000 people for the FINAL! To compare it to another sport, it's like the NBA. The players care less about winning a gold then winning the NBA title. I think people have the same perspective with the Open Cup. I agree with what you are saying, it's sad.

You know who I blame? I really blame MLS. They are the ones that don't "pump-up" the final tournament, and don't really advertise. And I'll be completely honest with you... that is why I don't watch any MLS games on TV or even go watch them live. If they don't care (MLS) why shoudl I? :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Archived