Phantis Forums

First round for the lusitanians

The Old Hag

Well, I guess the overall outcome of the portuguese teams in this first round was what I was expecting. I'm particularly happy for Benfica and Maritimo's wins for they are the teams I support! :)

So....

D. Bystrica, 0-3, Benfica: A comfortable win. Nothing more or less than expected. Two great goals by Simao! :nw:

Maritimo, 1-0, G. Rangers: Could've and should've been 2-0 but it was a good win for the verde-rubros anyway. I hope they can manage to hold on in Glasgow. :tup:

Hearts, 3-1, Sp. Braga: Braga kind of messed up this one but they still might have a chance at home.

Sevilla, 2-0, Nacional: Nothing that I didn't expect. I don't see Nacional going through this one...

Sporting, 2-0, R. Viena: In spite of playing bad as sh*t, Sporting still managed to win with reasonable comfort. I guess Rapid was just to weak anyway...

Great report, only one thing missing.

Bystrica are the crappiest team that has ever played against a portuguese side. It wouldnt take benfica to win against these poor bastars, Moreirense would do the job and score a couple of goals more. :D

Except Nacional I believe all the other teams will go through. I am going to the Braga game.

Maritimo CANNOT suffer goals in the first 25 minutes. Then Leo Lima will screw them.

Archived