Phantis Forums

question to turkish people

as I told you before, we do not know that much about turkish teams..and now we are very interested in turkish soccer news...when I registerd in this fourm I told my self this is the right place to get information...right from the source..from the turkish people...and my questions today is what is about gaziantepspor club.

first what this name ( gaziantepspor ) means?

second what is the ranking of this team? I mean is it famous in turky? does it have big fans? did it hold any cups before?

what is the bigest achevment in it`s history in turky.

thanks alot for your care..

Actually this is the Turkish football section of the Greek community Phantis. :P

''first what this name ( gaziantepspor ) means?''

Gaziantep is one of the major cities at south-east Turkey. So the club took his name from the city. Gaziantep-spor.

''second what is the ranking of this team? I mean is it famous in turky? does it have big fans? did it hold any cups before?''

Gaziantepspor is relatively one of the newly founded clubs of Turkey. Gaziantepspor was found in 1969. In Turkey we have 4 giant teams, these are Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas and Trabzonspor. These are the only teams that has won the Turkish league in their history.

After these teams there comes the Anatolian teams from the major cities of Anatolia. These teams are Genclerbirligi of Ankara, Gaziantepspor of Gaziantep, Bursapor of Bursa, Kocaelispor of Kocaeli and Eskisehirspor of Eskisehir but the last three unfortunately plays their games at the second league but have huge fans.

Gaziantepspor never won any cup in their history(if we put their 2nd league cups aside). They once advanced to semi finals at the Turkish cup and this was their biggest achievement.

That's all for now.

:)

For more info you can check the official site of Gaziantepspor from here http://www.gaziantepspor.org.tr but i'm afraid it's all in Turkish.

take care...

Thanks kerr:for your kind response........but what do you mean by Actually this is the Turkish football section of the Greek community Phantis :1eye:

do you mean that there are Greek people interested in turkish soccer and created this forum? :gr:

Football is the most popular sport in Turkey,there are 3 big Football Clubs in,Fenerbahce,Besiktas and Galatasaray, each Club has about 20 Million Fans all around the country..the most outstanding achievements of Turkey in the field of sports is the UEFA Championship of Galatasaray in the 1999-2000 season and in World Cup 2002 Turkish natioanal team success by became the 3rd biggest team on the world.Galtasaray Having challenged by the most powerful soccer teams of Europe, and becoming finalist without losing a single match, Galatasaray, in the final, defeated the British team Arsenal 4-1 and also became the first Turkish team to win the Europen cup...If u would like to know more,just ask please...

THANKS Blackeagle FOR THE INFORMATION! I WILL ALWAYS HAVE QUETIONS. BECAUSE WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND TURKISH LANGUAGE...AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET INFORMATION IS TO CHAT WITH TURKISH PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH.

WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THE TURKISH SUPER LEAGE NEWS AS OUR PLAYER TAREK EL-TAEAB PLAYS FOR GEANTIPSPOR THIS YEAR. BUT AS I SEE FROM SOME OF THE REPLIES IN THIS FORUM THE GEANTIPSPOR IS NOT A FAMOUS TEAM IN TURKY! IS THAT CORRECT ?

THANKS Blackeagle FOR THE INFORMATION! I WILL ALWAYS HAVE QUETIONS. BECAUSE  WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND TURKISH LANGUAGE...AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET INFORMATION IS TO CHAT WITH TURKISH PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH.

WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THE TURKISH SUPER LEAGE NEWS AS OUR PLAYER TAREK EL-TAEAB PLAYS FOR GEANTIPSPOR THIS YEAR. BUT AS I SEE FROM SOME OF THE REPLIES IN THIS FORUM THE GEANTIPSPOR IS NOT A FAMOUS TEAM IN TURKY! IS THAT CORRECT ?

Yes,Antep is not famous team and dont have many fans....I mean not like other big teams in Turkey,Gaziantep have only local fans who lives in this city...Over net,u can find only Besiktas,Galatasaray and Fenerbahce fans....If any player from your country will join the big teams in Turkey then u will have chance to talk about them with lots of people,besides u will be able to watch their videos and pictures.....But now u dont have these possibility's,sorry...

I got it :tup:

kerr can you tell me in short what they are saying about tarik el-taeb in this article.

http://www.hurriyetim.com.tr/haber/0,,sid~...d~461637,00.asp

Here it says, Galatasaray(one fo the 4 big teams in Turkey) was interested with EL-TAEAB but Gaziantepspor president Celel Dogan who watched EL-TAEAB at the African Cup moved faster than Galatasaray at this transfer and brought him to Gaziantepspor.

Archived