Phantis Forums

Friendly: Serres-PAOK 0-1

Ziaka

Well in this game we were missing Giasemis and Salpiggidis, who are with the NT's, but I agree that overall the lack of scoring by PAOK so far this season is troubling. My feeling is that we will have problems with scoring this season unless we change our playing style upfront. It's way too predictable, and the other teams have figured out how to counter it. We can't just hope Salpiggidis will do it for us all the time. I think Salpiggidis will not have a good season as he did the last. The kid will be exhausted by his pariticpation in the Olympic team as well as the early PAOK CL games.

Mitso, I don't dispute that. If there is one player on the team that gives his all it is him. However, I see eventually him getting burned out. As it is he did not really have any break between the last season and the new season, having to provide his services to the Olympic team preparation, as well as earlier than usual preparation by PAOK for the failedCL campaign. I have no doubt he will show up for every game, but the problem is that there is none else to take up the slack.

Nowhere else would you see a player play 90 minutes in Champions League game, and then next day having to play 45 minutes in the Olympic tournament opener.

Archived