Phantis Forums

USA - Greece

tihio10

In the first half Hellas was pressing hard and got a couple of three-pointers, while the US struggled in the 1st quarter on their shooting, both inside and outside the arc. Too many turnovers led the US to the led by the end of the half.

i got back from the game

very good atmosphere

this referee was the luckiest man in the world - in these stadiums they didnt allow bottles at all............htan TOSO m#$%!S - he was a total F***ing disgrace. calling fouls out of nowhere- after USA missed a free throw he had it redone....Iverson was vimata everywhere- i remember a play where one of the circus members efage mia megalh ka8arh tapa kai ton poulimeno edose 2 voles...........

the USA "dream team" - kala.........

is in heavy contention for most overated team ever. they are a circus

Giannakis was retarted as usual in some choices- and we missed all the foul shots, and occasionaly made a very stupid pass in the air with a lot of traffic. this +_ the ref and blind luck was the reason for the loss. Its ok because Greece is still one of the best in the tournament and america will lose to italy argentina or spain probably.

Paiksame poli kala, eidika o Papadopoulos THEOS. :nw: Kai ta triponta tou Kakiouzi theostalta!! :nw: Kaname omos kapoia lathi, ta opoia mas "timorisan" sto telos - poses fores tous klepsame tin mbala kai me lay-up i karfoma tha mborousame ANETOTATA na skoraroume, alla ta paidia mia viastikan... tin alli mberdeftikan... kai xasame posa sigoura kalathia. E, afta ta 3-4 kalathia itan oi 6 pontoi diafora me tin opoia xasame. Oi Amerikanoi peksane metria, compared to my expectations of them. Eipame... only the 1992 USA squad was the a real "dream-team" :rolleyes: Den peirazei omos!! Our team still has the potential to go through and get us a medal!! :box:

Greece played good today, I thought in the first quarter that if the Americans kept on playing like that, that Greece might actually win it. Papadopoulos played good, although I think he shoudl of got more baskets in. Tiartias played okay, and Fortsis was very good as well. Don't mean to make excuses, but I think there would of been a different result if there were different refs in that game. That one ref was calling fouls here and there. Horrible. Now does anyone know what country this ref came from, was he the one from the Dominican Republic? or from Spain? And yes Greece is still has potential in going to the next round. Ellas is strong in basketball, I don't think we have to worry about them not going to the next round. ;)

the refs were an insult and 100 % bias.

i remember many times where i was just confused because the ref was giving the others the ball...- like when one greek player seized on the ball- then the american guy put his hands and had an attempt to get it---- and the guy awarded it to USA, no jumball even- and greece clearly had more of the ball in the hands...

Papa was great- going through these huge guys........Lazare!!! :nw:

Fotsis was the best player on the court- and the NBA Grizzlies or whatever didnt want him....

so.....

POSO MALA

POSO MALA-KES EISASTEEEEEEEEE

POSO MALAKES EISASTE

we are still one of the best teams in the tournament :gr:

That game was very biased....the reffing was horrible, TOO MANY for the US, even when it was clearly Greece's ball. For Example: when the Greek player (I think it was Fotsis :unsure: ) clearly touched the ball, and grabed it outta Allen Iverson's hands, but the way Iverson reacted when he stole it made it look like a foul. The sad part is the referree was right in front of the play. Disgusting :evil:

Archived