Phantis Forums

RW ESSEN - OFI 1 - 1

pavlos

Hello guys, her I am, as I saw on the OFI-site and in the newspapers you will already know the result about our game in Germany. I also read that my opnion is the same as those from the players as I see what Belevonis told to a newspaper, thanks Vaggar! OFI was the best team against a strong Chinese opponent! :tup:

First of all greetings from our new star Tsanis!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup: to all the OFI fans

For me it was hot news :: they told me yesterday that maybe Boateng comes back and another player Davidson.

Before I start my comments I will say a few important things that we must keep in mind as we talk about those Ofi-games :

all those teams we are playing with are ready to start the competition next week, as weel in Germany, Hollandia and Belgium. So these teams are fysically and tactically ready for the start. Our team is still building their condition and found out the best way for them to play, it's a period of study and training. This is very important for those games.

Now, I only can say WOW for the first 20 minutes of yesterday. We couldn't believe what we saw. What a start of the game by OFI. BRavo Bravo Bravo :gr: OFI! :tup: :tup: :nw:

First of all there were about 2200 spectators and.......... among them a lot of Greek people with simea's :gr: :gr: and drums :band: and a lot of support for our team. :nw: :tup: The people from Essen played also some greek music to welcome us, great folks, :nw:

I had the opportunity to talk wit our new caoch Xatsinikolaou and I asked him about his opinion about the team : he says, it's not all good for the moment, we have a lot of work to do, but I am hopefull and it's goes in the good direction!! We go forward every day. :gr:

As I told you guys before, Nikos Machlas is very important for our team, he is coaching on the field and I think he's a good help for our coach.

I never saw last year what was happening yesterday, such a good part of OFI.

The players also says that it's a problem to play against teams that are ready to start the competition, really though games!

But yesrteday everybody was satisfied abiut our start.

Her we go :

You will have seen on other sites wich players played in the first half, so I don't repeat it.

A fantastic OFI started with fast play, the ball gets good around

1' a fantastic move and shot from Machlas, but the keepr stopped

10' Machlas scored his first goal for OFI :tup: a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMILAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

13' break through again from NIkos, but his shot goes on the wrong side out!

15' first danger from Essen, shoot out

18' heading from an Essen payer on corner, over the goal

23' :tdown: Nouafor is braking through the defense, no gaolkeeper in the goal and he ................... missed unbelievable!

SO it had to be 0 - 3 at that moment.

From this moment on the german team starts to play a really fysical game with and OFi had to go back:

28' yellow card Roumbakis

30' very good opportunity again for OFI on a corner but Arvanitis missed his shoot

31' very dangereous situation before the OFI goal with a shot from inside the 16meter area but a fantastic reflex from Daskalakis

34' yellow card Arvanitis

35' 1 - 1 very good freekick by Erwin Koen from Essen

40' yellow card for Dentsas

41' Belevonis goes for our second goal but fauled by Essen player : yellow card for Essen

SO you see a very good game from both sides in the first half.

In the second half our coach replaced a lot of players, what's good for to see every player, but Dermitzakis has to leave the field very quickly wit an injury on his back, badluck for my best friend.

The game from both sides was less than the first half.

55' good action Dermitzakis - Deyanov

58' very bad pass from Kolitsidakis to an Essen player, we were lucky!

65' good reaction from Karnezis on a freekick

77' yellow card Fragkoulakis

I think that we can say that our team is growing, we still have 1 month and I hope to see next wednesday again a better and stronger OFI. Like I told you guys before I can't go on monday to Groningen it's to far for to go and come back on the same day.

WE have a team that's playing good football, :tup: starting from an organised defense, wit defnders that goes in the offensive. They play the foot that I wants to see like I said already last year.

so far this report from your belgian OFI fanatic!! :nw: still 3 games to go.

Vaggar, as soon I have my new scanner I wil try to put some pictures from OFI and myself, but tell by witch site I have to do it, because I think it's not possible from your owm files?? :(

Pavlo you are GREAT!!! :nw: (I told you that before, but I feel the need to tell you again :D )

As for Boateng, there are rumors in the papers, but I don't think that he wants to come back to Iraklio especially after what went on his last time with OFI fans. Davidson is a very talanted player, he plays as right midfield, but... AEK and Olympiakos are after him. For OFI to get him it has to be through a loan from PAO. Something like that will put extra oil in the fire that already exists within the OFI fans (at least the organized ones).

Anyway, great news about the performace of the team!! I saw in another site the report of an OFI fan from Borrusia that was on the game and he agrees with you, this team has potential. He was also impressed by the constant guidance and "pressure" that coach Chatzinicolaou was putting on the players. It looks like this guy knows how to get what he wants from his players :tup: :tup:

And from what I see, Machlas transfer may be proven to be the best move the team made in a long time. :tup:

As for the pictures, the simplest way amy be to sent them by e-mail to the email address listed here, so Lazarus can post them in the photo section.

P.S. For OFI played

1st half: Daskalakis, Belevonis, Roumpakis, Tomash, Anastasiadis, Arvanitis, Kounenakis, Dentsas, Oliveira, Machlas, Nuafor.

2nd half: Karnezis (83 Kasmeridis), Kolitsidakis, Moschogiannis, Tomash, Roumpakis, Dermitzakis (65th due to injury Fragkoulakis), Kefaloukos, Koutsoures, Deyanov, Vlastos (84th Papadopoulos), Kazantzis.

Triantafyllou, Stavrakakis, Koutsoupias did not play due to their injuries.

Papadopoulos is an attacker that was on trial with OFI and left the team after yesterday's game.

Pavlo you are GREAT!!! :nw: (I told you that before, but I feel the need to tell you again :D )

As for Boateng, there are rumors in the papers, but I don't think that he wants to come back to Iraklio especially after what went on his last time with OFI fans. Davidson is a very talanted player, he plays as right midfield, but... AEK and Olympiakos are after him. For OFI to get him it has to be through a loan from PAO. Something like that will put extra oil in the fire that already exists within the OFI fans (at least the organized ones).

Anyway, great news about the performace of the team!! I saw in another site the report of an OFI fan from Borrusia that was on the game and he agrees with you, this team has potential. He was also impressed by the constant guidance and "pressure" that coach Chatzinicolaou was putting on the players. It looks like this guy knows how to get what he wants from his players :tup: :tup:

And from what I see, Machlas transfer may be proven to be the best move the team made in a long time. :tup:

As for the pictures, the simplest way amy be to sent them by e-mail to the email address listed here, so Lazarus can post them in the photo section.

P.S. For OFI played

1st half: Daskalakis, Belevonis, Roumpakis, Tomash, Anastasiadis, Arvanitis, Kounenakis, Dentsas, Oliveira, Machlas, Nuafor.

2nd half: Karnezis (83 Kasmeridis), Kolitsidakis, Moschogiannis, Tomash, Roumpakis, Dermitzakis (65th due to injury Fragkoulakis), Kefaloukos, Koutsoures, Deyanov, Vlastos (84th Papadopoulos), Kazantzis.

Triantafyllou, Stavrakakis, Koutsoupias did not play due to their injuries.

Papadopoulos is an attacker that was on trial with OFI and left the team after yesterday's game.

:nw: :nw: Thank you, on wich site you find the report from the Borussia fan?

Thnaks for the mailaddress

At www.ofi-fc.gr but his report is in Greek.

He says that 5 fans from Dortmund got together and went to Essen to see the game. According to himthe stadium had 3000 fans, 100 of which were Greeks. He says that the team had a good first half with a lot of pressure in the midfield and that Machlas and Nuafor had 4 classic chances to score. He said that he was sitting above OFI's bench next to Stavrakaki and two players from the amateur team. As I wrote before, he was impressed by the coach's energy and guidance and he thinks that this team has a good future.

At www.ofi-fc.gr but his report is in Greek.

He says that 5 fans from Dortmund got together and went to Essen to see the game. According to himthe stadium had 3000 fans, 100 of which were Greeks. He says that the team had a good first half with a lot of pressure in the midfield and that Machlas and Nuafor had 4 classic chances to score. He said that he was sitting above OFI's bench next to Stavrakaki and two players from the amateur team. As I wrote before, he was impressed by the coach's energy and guidance and he thinks that this team has a good future.

:o that's great, we were sitting just before the bunch of OFI guys, my wife just beofre Stavra and next to Tsanis.

That's why he saw the same things as we did :P :P

Archived