Phantis Forums

Porto rumor for Basinas?

Phantis

All of a sudden great discussion in Portugal over Basinas.He probably would be a great sub to Costinha and Maniche. After all Porto is playing six major competitions and Basinas seems like the kind of player with the right mentality .

Our stupid administration has sold pratically all the midfield players including our beloved Dimitri Alenichev to Spartak and Pedro Mendes to Tottenhm They have the obligation to buy a great midfielder so we demand Angelos Basinas. NOW.

Actually rumous in the press state firmly that Maniche is going to Arsenal. Basinas would be a starter. First ever greek champion of the world?

The hardcore Porto supporters are crying for Dellas now that Carvalho left for Chelsky. I say get them both.

Not that you care but Porto has already played 3 matches this year and we suck. We signing Markarian in December. Luigi del Merdi can go back to verona.

Baia, seitaridis,costa,dellas,valente,costinha,basinas,quaresma,diego,derlei,postiga :gr:

We deserve better than pseudo offensive cattenaccio

Basinas a sub??????? come on.

The guy is awesome. He does his position well- and performs brilliant in big games

some examples-

35 strike lowercorner vs Fenerbahce- this was a super derby

vs Rangers..... perfection

vs Olympiakos free kick.........wow.

vs Portugal made the corner for the goal, scored a beautiful penalty in the premiera

vs barcelona penalty, juve penatly.....

I beleive he does everything Beckham is famous for- set peices-passes, shots- but Basinas is better and can play defense- oh and isnt an arrognat bitch.

A sub because we have Diego now. No one is really a sub in Porto. Alenichev was a"sub" and scored both in the Uefa and CL final. So, you know what I mean.

Trully hope he comes. From what you wrote he looks like the soul and engine of a team. How much does he cost?

Not expensive for such a good player. We have just received 30 million for Ricardo Carvalho I guess we can easily afford Basinas. But I think he will only come if we sell Maniche.

Hows the new keeper Galinovic?

God! if Baia signed for Benfica I wouldnt eat for a month.

Pao should prospect more the south american market. Nice cheap players. Derlei and deco never played for a top brazilian side. Its a huge country Brazil. You just need to discover them. Did any brazilain ever played for Pao?

Recommendations: Cissinho-S.Paulo

Marcinho-S.paulo

deivid-santos

marcelinho-gremio

Woud make all the difference any of them believe me

you guys are so lucky roman abranovich is so rich he can throw money away like that. Carvalho is a great defender- but hes not worth 30 million. you guys hit the jack pot.

some brazilians have played for PAO....

Cesar Sampaio- the only one i remember

PAO tends to go more for Argentines

JJ Borrelli, Fernando Galetto, Eki Gonzalez.

Basinas would be a great signing, it would be good for the national team to have players developing like this, i hope Dellas goes to Porto that would be awesome,

but Basinas PAO needs badly. Because hes good and its nice to have some greek players on the team.

Basinas would be a great addition for any team, including Benfica. Basinas plays hard, and plays smart. It would be nice to see Basinas go international..but I agree with Drakos, he should stay at PAO. Panathinaikos is getting too international with its players, they need some Greeks as well.

Nothing about Basinas but a portuguese football paper claims Porto has already signed Traianos Dellas for 3 million from Roma.

Has anybody read about a Porto-Pao on August 11th? Its everywhere in the papers here. Where you going after Amsterdam ?

i read on goal.com the offer was a lot more than that..........16 million Euros!!!

that has to be a record sale of a greek player if it happens i hope it does- does anyone know the current record sale of a greek player???

there should be no question for Traiano between crappy Everton and Tottenham and going to the European Champions those teams are never gonna see the CL or titles, i dont know why ambitious players go there must be only for $$$...

• 2 weeks later...

Drakos13 wrote:

some brazilians have played for PAO....

Cesar Sampaio- the only one i remember

When did Cesar Sampaio play for Panathinaikos? Panathinaikos fans have never and will never be able to see such big names playing for their team, due to their president being so tight. You must be confused. You might mean Julio Cesar, the famous Brazilian international who came to the Athens team at the age of 37 to complete his pension scheme (he was already badly injured - it was revealed afterwards - and he didnt play more than 2-3 games with Panathinaikos. :artist:

Archived