Phantis Forums

Iverson is Team-USA basketball co-captain

Harry

Team USA's co-captain quite candid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Marc Stein

ESPN.com

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Democrats have commandeered the Fleet Center, and that had a whole nation ticking off the seconds Monday waiting for luminaries such as Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton to stride onto Paul Pierce's floor to rave about John Kerry.

Not me, though.

I was in a college gym in North Florida waiting for one of my favorite American patriots to finish his first pre-Olympic practice, unlace his high-tops with the stars-and-stripes flags on the tongues and uncork his second annual State of The Answer summertime address.

That's right.

Allen Iverson met the Team USA media Monday afternoon.

It is completely understandable if you prefer to focus on what the folks in Boston are doing, since one of them might end up running the country someday. Just as it's understandable that folks who are ready to contemplate the Yanks' hoop prospects in Athens are inevitably fixated on all the starry names who no longer appear on the roster.

<snip>

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/bas...tory?id=1847037

• 2 weeks later...

this guy has as many leadership qualities as....well he has none at all. I love how captain is determined by there most valuable player rather than a teamworker...

I just hope the NBA players dont do any stupid underage sex scandals in greece... :lol:

Archived