Phantis Forums

Fan violence is back

Ziaka

Fan violence has made its return to the Greek stadiums over the weekend. There were serious incidents in the Iraklis - AEK game, which reulted in a massive damage to the stands. AEK fans broke more than 570 seats.

The Proodevtiki-Olympiakos game also featured bad behaviour by Olympiakos fans after the game, which resulted in the gate being broken down and Olympiakos fans coming on the field.

It will be interesting to see what kind of punishment is levied on the guilty sides by EPAE.

Well Iraklis and AEK got a 1-game ban plus fines. Iraklis will serve the ban in a cup game against Thyella Patra, which was mysteriosly re-scheduled by EPO few hours before the fines were announced. If that game was not re-scheduled, iraklis would have to serve the ban in the game against Panathinaikos. AEK will serve the ban in the game with Chalkidona.

Olympiakos received a 8,000 Euro fine for the fan trouble in Proodevtiki game. :blink:

Finally, PAOK coach Anastasiaid received a 300 Euro fine and 15 day ban from the bench for complaining about EPO concerning the date of the PAOK cup game against Larissa. He will miss this Sunday's game against Proodevtiki. :wacko:

well ziaka fa violence never left greek grounds in the 1st place. well those results are very interesting with iraklis having a very generous sentence still being able to fill stadium for pao match and rake in any revenue they can for the yr.

as for aek and osfp well nothing chnges their.

it's a bloody disgrace and you can only blame corruption and epo for so long. it's time blmae went to clubs themselves and if they can't deal with these morons just get rid of clubs license for ethniki katigoria and drop them to amateur division and not allowed back till htye clean up act. ban them from europe as well kai meta tha deis how fast they'll solve the problem.

for greeks to act you have to hit their nerve= the money factor and severe punishment which will hurt them so much they will have to act.

i don't believe in empty stadiums as it doesn't make it fair on the other fair minded and passionte fans who want to see their team each yr. if club gtes 5-8 games without fans that's 1/3 of games not seen by fans and they're still asked to get karta diarkias what for? few insignificant matches and 2 derbies?

something has to happen and maybe get rid of some clubs presidents even clubs themselves and change mentality of that type of fan even hand down harsh punishment to trouble makers by bringing in new laws. if that still doesn't work tote i ellada einai gia halia and might as well watch every game on t.v and don't even bother turning up.

Your way off the mark AYP. If it was about money and financial issues why wouldnt the AEK fans stop? We are in strife.....why would they do it if it was about money?

There is something deeper than that and I have no idea.

I know this topic is about violence and being anti all that but I personally hope that every vazelo gets the s%$#! beaten out of them this week at Smryni for the stunts they pulled at Leoforo and Domatiaki......Beat teh crap out of them boys....they deserve it.

fair enough, we deserved our ban for our fans actions, but yet again the GAY-roi get off lightly :angry: .

i saw the scenes at the end of the game where the fans broke down the gate and tried to storm onto the field.....that is absolutely disgraceful. that the sort of shite that dereves huge fines and 3-4 match ban for the fans.

the shoddy affairs in greek football will always be present.

Archived