Phantis Forums

Training for next season

Ziaka

PAOK's training schedule is taking shape for the new season.

PAOK players will hold the first meeting on June 28, 2004. From July 2 to July 7, PAOK will train at the Brousson training facility in Italy. This is the same facility that they used last year. From July 9 to July 13, PAOK will train at Satigion in Italy. After July 13, PAOK will set up camp at Anberville in France. The team will return back to Thessaloniki on July 26.

During this time PAOK will play some strong friendlies. The tentative game schedule is as follows:

July 14: PAOK - Olympique Lyon

July 17: PAOK - Olympique Marseille

July 21: PAOK - AS Monaco (CL finalist)

July 24: PAOK - Girodins Bordeaux

• 4 weeks later...

Tommorrow, June 28, PAOK players meet at Thessaloniki for their first practice for the new season. Missing from the squad will be Feutchine and Udese, who are playing with their countries national teams. During the newxt week, PAOK player will leave Thessaloniki for Italy, for the first stage of the training. The first preparation friendly game is scheduled for July 14 against Lyon.

The game against Marseille on July 17 has been cancelled. Instead, PAOK will play Bastille on that day. Also this Sunday, PAOK will play a friendly game against the local team from Santigion.

The first friendly game took place on Sunday. PAOK destroyed the local team Santigion 15-0, with Skarmoutsos scoring 4 goals. Also scoring were Amaefule 3, Spasic 3, Giasemis 2, Salpiggidis, Theodoridis and Louka.

• 2 weeks later...

Following the friendly against Monaco (1-1), Salpiggidis and Karypidis are returning back to Greece in order to join the Greek Olympic soccer team training in Chalkida. They will miss the rest of the PAOK training session, and it is possible that they willmiss at least the first PAOK CL qualification game onthe 10th of August since the Greek Olympic teams plays Korea on August 11 at Kaftantzoglio.

I have some reservations about the effectiveness of Salpiggidis in the next season. At least in the beggining of the season. The kid will be very tired. I hope he is not burned out. He appeared tired at the end of last season, with the constant games for PAOK, Olympic team, and even his army team. On top of that he did not have enough time to recuperate, with PAOK having to start training for new season much earlier than expected due to CL commitments.

Man that does sounds like a crazy schedule for Salpiggidis. Do you think there's any other forward on the team that can pick up the slack?

That's why I am hoping that PAOK would pick up another goal scorer. I doubt if Giasemis can pick up the slack, and it is unknown how much Skaramoutsos will help. I was hoping PAOK would pick Nalitzis who was set free by AEK.

Archived