Phantis Forums

Soares will stay-Foiros left

Vaggar

Soares told yesterday to a local newspaper that he will accept the salary cut and stay to OFI next season. He said that he was approached by two other teams, but he likes OFI and Iraklio, so he will be back next season.

Also the money from the TV-rights was received yesterday (250.000 Euro). 150.000 were used to pay the players, while the rest will be used to pay the tax office. With this money OFI paid the last dose of the money that needed to get Tomas, so he will be a member of the next season roster.

As far as the budget for next year, this is going to be half of what was this year, around 2.750.000 Euros. Its going to be covered by the TV-rights and the sponsors. This means that the transfer budget is going to be minimal, and that the players with the "big" contracts will either accept salary reductions or they will be transferred.

As far as Foiros is concerned, he met with Myriokefalitakis today morning. Myriokefalitakis told him that OFI's plan is to cut drastically the budget, and Foiros did not accept the pay cut. So after that Foiros and Myriokefalitakis decided that is better for him to leave.

After the meeting Foiros made the following comments:

I would like to thank Mr. Ximeri, Mr. Myriokefalitaki and all the members of the board. Also I want to say a big thank you to the fans of OFI for the support, honesty and trust that show in me. I came as a friend, I leave as a friend. I still believe that the final position of OFI in the standings is not what it should be based on the quality of the players. It was a very difficult year, and is the first time in the history of OFI that so many bad things took place. I wish the best for OFI.

According to Dandoulaki (reporter of Eleftherotypia) for the next coach of OFI the front runners are Nikos Gkoulis (I guess we need a coach with "experience" in the battle to avoid relegation :tdown: ) and Ilie Dumitrescou. The name of Gianni Samara was also heard but the chances are very slim.

Archived