Phantis Forums

Everything stays the same?

Vaggar

In the elections of a new board coming up on 31st of May, only one scheme will be in the ballot, that of Pantelis Myriokefalitakis. Nobody else has shown interest in getting the team. With Myriokefalitakis as the new president the team has to rely on the TV money and the sponsors for financial support. Within the sponsors of course will be the Vardinogiannis family. So in other words NOTHING CHANGED.

Other news from the team:

We are expecting 250.000 Euro from our TV rights, so that will cover this month’s dose in the tax office and part of the money that we owe to the players.

Also Myriokefalitakis will meet with Soares to ask him to sign a new contract for less money (pay cut in the order of 30%-50%). Similar requsts will be asked by other "high" payed players like Neofytou and Bikofsky.

Also there are rumors that we may be getting a new coach (notice that Foiros is still officially our coach), with more likely choice being Vaggelis Vlachos (he coached Ionikos this season).

the state of greek soccer finances suchs, why should soares take a 30 to 50 percent pay cut,

will ofh be playing in the new pancretanm stadium next year, they shoudl and there average corwds shoudl eb 20000 people. that is not impossible or unrealistic.

what are there average crowds nwo vaggar

Hi Spears and welcome to the forums B)

Soares had an average year this season, but on the other hand OFI is already among the teams that have the lower payrolls. I don't know if I was in his shoes what I would do.

OFI will not be playing in the Pancreatn stadium next season. This stadium requires high maintenance fees, and with an average attendance of ~2500 fans per game (as OFI had this year) its going to be empty in most games.

I don't see OFI having an average of 20000 fans, even if we move to the Pancretan. Especially if Ergotelis (other team from Iraklio) gets the promotion.

For OFI to get that much people, we need to have a good team again, with young talented players that will compete for the championship. But the financial situation of the club leaves no doubts to me, next season we will be fighting to stay in the A division.

Because im a greek in australia who plays soccer semi porfessionali i know soccer very well over here.

Some great cheap free players to buy for PAOK or any greek team are:

SIMON COLOSIMO: he is a free agent, a australian inernational, is 24 or 25 can play anywhere in defence or midfield, great player, hunger to play in europe ideal cheap singning. Not cut out for champions league but great for greece. Maybe that the most techinical palyer in the world but very fit, fast and smart. GRETA BUY. Had a previous stint in belgium and with man city

NICK CARLE: 23 years old,coming to athens for the olympics, is a very very fats skillfull player, south american number 10 style. coming to olympics one of australais's best upcoming players. top player needs time to develope as a player great signing for free.

AHMAD ELRICH: 22 year old winger just come onto the australain national team scene free player very raw but great talent, another cheap free transfer player.

He and colosimo played against turkey this week for australai in the frinedly matches and colosimo marked Hasan Sas well and Ahmad elrich played well off the bench.

vAGGAR

Archived