Phantis Forums

Worth Watching

Monday, 17th May at 8pm the UTV current affairs/documentary progamme 'Insight' is about financial misdoings involving a Premier Division Irish League club.

Should be well worth watching and I'm sure the Inland Revenue will be taking a great interest. ;)

Hmm...Now I am curious as to which club is involved...

Without knowing anything about the story, I am going to guess it is a club that plays on the North coast and wears blue and white... :whistle:

Correct but, another team from the North Down area also got a mention in dispatches. :o

The sad thing was how UTV used footage of the fighting at the recent Irish Cup final. Which was well documented at the time as rival paramilitary in-fighting and was in no way football related. :angry:

The GAA, apparently, are coming under the same scrutiny from UTV (re: financial wrongdoings)...It will be interesting to see if that proposed programme will be aired. <_< :whistle:

Correct but, another team from the North Down area also got a mention in dispatches. :o

Didn't get to see the UTV program as SAFC were playing Crystal Palace. :(

Let me guess: would this North Down club happen to be the gypsies of the Irish League (no home ground)? :huh:

Let me guess: would this North Down club happen to be the gypsies of the Irish League (no home ground)?  :huh:

Yep, the nomadic ex-Castlereagh Park boys. ;)

I didn't realise until I read your posting on "Worth Watching - Part 2" thread that you are a SAFC fan. :o ;)

No offence Irlandos but, since Dowie played for NI and I detest McCarthy.......oh well, that's another story. :whistle:

I didn't realise until I read your posting on "Worth Watching - Part 2" thread that you are a SAFC fan. :o ;)

Yeah right!

A far likelier story would be that 2ndMouse told you to rub it in so as to get me upset! :angry:

Yeah right!

A far likelier story would be that 2ndMouse told you to rub it in so as to get me upset!  :angry:

No offence was intended Irlandos and, the 2ndMouse IS completely innocent.

In fact I'm only too glad you are not of the usual Arsenal/ManU/Liverpool mould.

After all my own wee team DUNDELA are nothing special in the vast World of Football but, they're the greatest to me. ;)

Archived