Phantis Forums

Who's going to the Games?

Ziaka

I am opening this thread to see which members will be in Athens attending the 2004 Olympic Games.

I for one will be in Thessaloniki and Athens. I have allready secured tickets for the soccer opening game on August 11 at Kaftanzoglio (I have a feeling the Greek NT will play in the soccer opener). I also have tickets for the August 21 Equestrian events (for my daughter who likes horse back riding), and the August 21 Athletics finals at the OAKA. I'll see if I can score more tickets while in Greece.

Hi,

I will be going to all the rounds of the 200 m dash as the current record holder-not world record holder- from the island of Lesvos (which is where I am from) will be running and hopefully he will win another gold medal. I am talking about Kostantinos Kenteris :nw:. So that will be from the 21 till the 24 and I will also go to the men's tennis final as I have never been to a professional tennis final match. I will also be attending initial rounds of fencing and wrestling.

That's all. B)

im going to australia vs greece in the basketball.....

i'll have both flags along with the "HELLAS MELBOURNE" banner which you will all hopefully see at EURO 2004.

im hoping to get tickets to football matches that greece plays in.

my friend is the captain of the australian football team, so i'll be going to those matches too...

I'll be in Athens from the 26th August, and have so far booked the athletics at OAKA on 27th (includes 200m medal ceremony - fingers crossed for Kenteris), the marathon finish and the closing ceremony both on the 29th. Might go to the soccer final and some smaller events, just to check out other venues.

Lets try to arrange one or more Phantis meetings while all you guys are here alright?

Ziaka

In due time make a topic on that too so we can arrange it for most people to be able to make it

Will do. Hope to meet some of you while in Athens.

I would like to know if some the Greek based Phantis members will go to the games. Or are they just going to flee Athens for the month of August?

I am almost certain I will be in Athens.

Of course there is no way to know 100% but lets all try it and I am sure a large group will finally make it ... in obe or more gatherings with multiple mixtures of members who will be able tyo squeeze in a meeting... ;)

I might see some of you boys on the 15th, at the basketball games.

I checked for tickets and there were plenty for 35e

How much did yours cost and where are they located?

Is the admission good for the whole day?

PEACE

Yes I am a Lesbian. We had that discussion with some people yesterday at this party....anyways. How many of you are Lesbians other than MaD. I will be in Lesbos in this Summer as well. Also I want to say hi to all the great PAO fans in here. The game was awesome and finally after seven years we are back on top with the CUP and soon with the Championship...... :nw: I know that Trifilli is one of us :tup:

I received a phone call from Athens 2004 this morning asking me if I am still interested in being a volunteer for the games (I signed up last year). Unfortunately I had to decline, since I allready made plans for my trip to Greece this summer. Had they called me a month earlier, I would have most likely accepted the offer.

I'm going to the semifinals in beach volleyball and basketball. Also the finals in basketball and a couple of days of track and field. I'm also going to the semifinal in soccer at the new Karaiskaki.

What a week! I can't wait!!!

I'll be there. I am coming from NY. My parents are greek so I have plenty of relatives to stay with. I am going to Judo, Football, Gymnastics, Baseball and Beach volleyball. I may go to more events, but that's it for now. All of Athletics is sold out (while I am there). My cousin is going to see Kenteris. He is lucky. I will be at the Greece vs. Cuba baseball game. I can't believe Greece has a team. I wonder if any Cubans will try to escape. ;)

i will be also at the gre-aus match in basketball

if i'm luck i'll also see gre-usa and hopefully i'll get some tickets for some soccer matches

I tried to get tickets for the Greece-USA basketball. They were sold as soon as the schedule went on sale.

I would like to know if some the Greek based Phantis members will go to the games. Or are they just going to flee Athens for the month of August?

lol Are greeks going to flee?

All of Athletics is sold out (while I am there).

I managed to get Athletics tickets for the last day of my stay in Greece (August 21) as recenty as 2 weeks ago. That day will feature women's 100 meters (Thanou) and women's Discus Throw (Kelesidou), so there might be some medal celebrations at OAKA that night.

Anyway Harry, welcome to the forums. We will try and set some kind of meeting in Athens during the games, so hopefully you can join us.

I managed to get Athletics tickets for the last day of my stay in Greece (August 21) as recenty as 2 weeks ago. That day will feature women's 100 meters (Thanou) and women's Discus Throw (Kelesidou), so there might be some medal celebrations at OAKA that night.

Anyway Harry, welcome to the forums. We will try and set some kind of meeting in Athens during the games, so hopefully you can join us.

Thanks, I like this place and I will probably hang around through the games. The 21st was the day I was also looking at. It's also my last day. That's why I didn't get tickets. It sold out before I got to thing about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Fellow Games enthousiasts,

I am from Sydney Australia. I definately will be attending Athens 2004. I have tickets to 3 athletics finals (including the great 200m mens final), 3 weightlifting finals, 3 beach volleyball sessions, 1 basketball sesssion, 1 football sess, and 1 volleyball session.

CANT WAIT!!

Dear Fellow Games enthousiasts,

I am from Sydney Australia. I definately will be attending Athens 2004.  I have tickets  to  3 athletics finals  (including the great 200m mens final), 3 weightlifting finals,  3 beach volleyball sessions, 1 basketball sesssion, 1 football sess,  and 1 volleyball session.

CANT WAIT!!

Hey Savas, welcome aboard. You are going to lots of events. I have been holding on a little more. I am not planning on ordering any more tickets right now. I may pick some more stuff up when I get there. It looks like you picked some great events. I am sure that you will have a great time.

is there really no one who is going to watch female tennis games to cheer Daniilidou? :blink:

if the flights, hotels and tickets weren't so expensive I would fly right from brussels at the greek tennis courts to see Juju (Henin) :nw: and Eleni

• 2 weeks later...

I gooooo toooo the gaaaaaames :D

with a friend

I just booked our flights

will be three days in Athens, to attend some tennis sessions, and maybe the cycling time trial event and the start of the soccer tournament

(if you guys have any not expensive hotel tips in the Athenian suburbs - centre seems completely full - feel free to pm ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Archived