Phantis Forums

Nikopolidis vs Vardithogiannis

Green

Pappou:

Perhaps you are referring to his refusal to deny a move to Olympiakos next year?

I don't like to see him play for Oly any more than you do. But consider this: what if he doesn't find a team in Europe and the only clubs that want him in Greece are small teams? Should he not listen to a proposal from Kokalis? If it means he gets the financial security for himself and for his family by playing at Oly, should he not do it? Why not? Because of you? That's why he didn't rule out going to Oly. He wants to leave his options open and if you and other PAO fans can't undersand that then it's your problem.

If the doikisi cared as much about him leaving as the fans, they would have given him the money he asked for and he would never want to go to anybody else, specially to Oly.

For me, the main problems here are the Vardinnogiannides who pay more to Maric, Munch, and Manoli but they didn't think the best goalkeeper in Greece is worth the same respect.

Good luck Antoni.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so stupid - WHY ISNT HE PLAYING

XALKIAS has been very very shaky.

Nikopolidis is the best not only in Greece- in east europe!

I dont want to see him at Olympiakos- that would be awful - anywhere else is ok though he should have ease finding a euro club after his performance for Greece in the Euro :tup: (hopefully)

Pappou:

Perhaps you are referring to his refusal to deny a move to Olympiakos next year?

I don't like to see him play for Oly any more than you do. But consider this: what if he doesn't find a team in Europe and the only clubs that want him in Greece are small teams? Should he not listen to a proposal from Kokalis? If it means he gets the financial security for himself and for his family by playing at Oly, should he not do it? Why not? Because of you? That's why he didn't rule out going to Oly. He wants to leave his options open and if you and other PAO fans can't undersand that then it's your problem.

I said it before and I will say it again... Going to Thrynos is NOT the problem, of course he should look after his career... Thats not the point....

The point is the he might have 'agreed' with Thrynos PRIOR to even speaking with PAO!!!! And that is a rumor thats flying around quite a lot....

There is a big difference the first case from the other... Admit it...

It is similar to you being employed by someone and at the same time agreing with another firm because you are disatsified with your salary before you even speak to your CURRENT employer... (Not to mention that in this case it might be forgiven because everyone dont gives a s%$#! about his employers, but Adonakis supposed to be the flag of PAO, 'arrostos PAO fan' and THE anti-olympiakos guy).... Imagine Antonis going to Tzigger and saying that 'oh, by the way I already have an offer from Thrynos, either you match it, or I will go to them if I dont find something better in another European club...' Tell me ,how would you react? ;)

It is a big difference my friends... And I pray to God that it isnt true....(this is not what Adonis character showed us all those years)... :(

Pappou:

I am 100% sure, he didn't agree with Kokalis before talking to PAO. I don;t know how but I just know. The fact is he wanted more money than he was offered and that was reported by the media. He wasn't asking for stupidly high amounts, only what some other players were getting.

So why didn't the doikisi agree to put him on equal terms with Munch and Manoli? And don't tell me he already had agreed with Oly, because there is no evidence at all about that and it doesn't even enter the discussion. He is vazelos all the way and all he wanted was to stay and asked for more money.

You also seem to forget, that it was the doikisi who didn't improve the offer. The ball was in THEIR court. They decided not to call Antoni back. It wasn't for Antoni to go back and suck their dicks and kiss their ass and say ok, give me whatever you offered me. It doesn't work like that in any business. Besides, I am sure if the doikisi wanted to, they could agree with Antoni somewhere in between, like a compromise. But their attitude is, whoever turns down our offer we throw him out.

That's called arrogance.

So why didn't the doikisi agree to put him on equal terms with Munch and Manoli? And don't tell me he already had agreed with Oly, because there is no evidence at all about that and it doesn't even enter the discussion. He is vazelos all the way and all he wanted was to stay and asked for more money.

Of course there are no evidence my friend Panos when it comes to you, me and every PAO fan... But as I said management must have a reason for doing this, and its not just coincidence that these rumors have been flying around for months now.... Just think about it for a minute.... It makes perfect sense!!! It is the perfect explanation to this riddle......

Do you think that Jigger woke up one morning and said...'oh what shall we do today.... yeah lets cut Adonis's fotballing career.....' Cmmon it doesnt make sense... ;)

Time will tell, and iif (and there is a BIG IF) Adonis ends up signing with the geys, well there will be your evidence!!!

Time will tell, and iif (and there is a BIG IF) Adonis ends up signing with the geys, well there will be your evidence!!!

Pappou:

Sorry, but that's no evidence that Antoni was talking to Oly BEFORE he spoke to PAO. It could well be that he talked to them after and the gays were the only club that gave him the symvoulio he wanted. That's all. To read more into it based on 'rumours' is not enough.

Hey guys,

it seems pappou was right. Antonis has agreed with Oly.

http://www.sportime.gr/ast/cov/01/01_2004_...15_0_7_42_b.jpg

I disagree with the above statement that if Equi got 800 000 then Antoni should get 600 000. We all know how finance in the football world works. The most expensive players are always the offensive players , then the defensive, and finally the keepers. Look at Buffon, he was the biggest keeper signing in terms of money and yet he only got almost half of what Real gave for Beckham and Ronaldo. Also look at Rio Ferdinand. The biggest defender signing, and he also got half of Zidane.

I also believe that the offer of 400 000 was a very good one. If he wants to go to the gays, that is his choice. I wish him luck. It bitters me, sure , but I cannot judge him for it.

Answer me this though. How can he go to those that last year in Rizoupoli were spitting on him? Will he suddenly be loved by those who hated him for the past 15 years (and especially the past 5).

One more thing to all Halkias-doubters. Three years ago , Halkias took Antonis place in the starting lineup. If Kostas would not have gotten injured in that CL game versus La Coruna, then Antonis would probably still be benched.

I like Halkias. He is far more superior to Antonis in the aerial game. Antonis is superior on reflexes and low shots. But I like the way Halkias dominates all crosses.

My point with this is that if the doikisi had benched Antonis for a keeper that had no potential , then I would understand the anger of the public. They benched him however for the 2nd keeper of the national team. That means that the differences between are not that great.

In Sweden two weeks ago, swedish champions Djurgarden offered to renew 22-year old Babis Stefanidis contract (anyone know him, he played for Iraklis a 4 years back). He refused as he wants to try his luck in the free market. As a policy , Djurgarden have benched him and even removed him from the squad. Their policy is that they do not want to use players that do not want a future with the team. They rather give more chances to players that will stay and fight for the team.

Last year, Hammarby did the same with Kennedy Bakircioglou (currently in Iraklis).

These things do not just happen in Greece.

In Sweden two weeks ago, swedish champions Djurgarden offered to renew 22-year old Babis Stefanidis contract (anyone know him, he played for Iraklis a 4 years back). He refused as he wants to try his luck in the free market. As a policy , Djurgarden have benched him and even removed him from the squad. Their policy is that they do not want to use players that do not want a future with the team. They rather give more chances to players that will stay and fight for the team.

Last year, Hammarby did the same with Kennedy Bakircioglou (currently in Iraklis).

These things do not just happen in Greece.

Yea but we're not talking about these random guys from Iraklis playing in Scandinavia, we're talking about one of the top goalies EVER from Greece. Don't you see that? This guy's a legend and you can't just punt him cus he doesn't want Vardi's contract? It's a total lack of respect on the management's part and it just shows that they don't give a damn about the culture of the team, just what happens in the front office :tdown:

Lalin:

The fact that Nikopolidis signed for Oy doesn't mean Pappou was right. He was saying that Antoni held talks with Kokalis BEFORE he had contract talks with PAO. I refuse that point blank and say again that if the doikisi had put Antoni on at least the ame wages as some of the others, given him the contract that his service deserved, he would never have left.

05/16/2004. According to a number of Greek newspaper reports, Antonios Nikopolidis seems to be heading to Olympiakos.

The Piraeus club have in fact been in contact with Nikopolidis' agent, Nikos Lyrakis, offering him a three-year contract with the money that the 33-year-old Greek international goalkeeper was asking from Panathinaikos.

Olympiakos have asked Nikopolidis not to sign any contract with a foreign club until president Socrates Kokkalis returns from a business trip to USA.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u9686.html

u know what, who cares, we know his going, we know he got scrwed so lets not beat around the push and accept it..... like all good things come to an end, pao will move on from this and so will he (fulham or the geys) and thats life, weather u like it or not....

Come on guys, why are you blasting Niko? He's been a 100% professional. He's a Panatha and has contributed GREATELY to the team. It's the stupid management and coach that let this guy walk. I read today that we may have to sign an 18 year old for Sunday's game because 2 of our goalies are injured!!!!!!

I want to ask YOU guys: If you were a hard-working professional wouldn't you see to further YOUR career by doing what YOU thought was the best for YOU?????

Please, Niko hasn't spoken a bad word about PAO, nor has he been careless with the team. If his next contract comes from OLY so be it.

I'm sure that most of YOU would go after DA MONEY and somewhere to make the FIRST team, not warm the bench.

If PAO wanted NIKO, 500,000/year would have done it. We've wasted so much, so much on UNPROVEN players, and we couldn't find the money for NIKO!!!!!!

Let's get real.

Scum Shum will get 500,000 just to get rid of him.....

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Archived