transfers

champion

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...s=7862&idSez=20

Olympiakos Confirm Signing Of Maric

7/3/2004 4:42:00 PM

Greek runners-up Olympiakos Piraeus have announced on their official web site the signing of Serb & Montenegro player Milos Maric on a five-year deal from FK Zeta.

The 22-year-old attacking midfielder is the third signing for the Piraeus club after Greece’s goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis (not yet announced officially) and a young Brazilian player named Alexandre D’Acol Joaquim.

Marcic, will have a chance to participate for the first time with the senior team of Serb & Montenegro, as coach Ilija Petkovic invited him for the Kirin Cup in Japan (between 9 and 13 July) among other five players who took part in this summer’s Under-21 European Championship.

Olympiakos’ new coach Serb-Greek Dusan Bajevic according to his latest statements, is trying to build a team which, in two-three years will be ready to compete in Europe for more than one or two games by putting faith in a mixture of youth and the experience of the veteran players like Predrag Djordjevic, Brazilian Giovanni and the new signing goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis.

But, Bajevic and the club’s administration did not renew the contract of veteran French player Christian Karembeu who was the best Olympiakos player for the last three years and had impressed by displaying leadership qualities. Bajevic also decided not to renew the contracts of goalkeeper Fanis Katergiannakis, midfielder Takis Gonias as well as strikers Marcin Kuzba and Lampros

Greek international goalkeeper Fanis Katergiannakis has agreed to join newly-promoted Italian side Cagliari.

The 30-year-old Fanis Katergiannakis was the third choice goalkeeper of Otto Rehhagel at Euro 2004 and will fly on Monday to Italy and sign a two-year contract with the Italian side.

Katergiannakis was a free agent after his contract with Olympiakos Piraeus ended in June.

Newly promoted Serie A side Messina, following the acquisition of Serbia & Montenegro international forward Ivica Iliey from Partizan Belgrade, are very close to signing Greek international goalkeeper Dimitris Eleftheropoulos.

The 28-year-old goalkeeper is expected to sign a three-year- contract with the Sicilian side on Wednesday subject to a medical.

Eleftheropoulos, a long term first choice goalkeeper at Olympiakos Piraeus, made his professional debut while on loan at Proodeftiki but returned to the Piraeus club in 1996 to commence what would be a successful spell. Between 1996 and 2003, Eleftheropoulos won seven Greek titles with Olympiakos and also the Greek Cup in 1999.

Last season, for mysterious reasons, many players from Olympiakos wanted to leave. Last January after a statement by his previous team-mate and Greek international central defender Paraskevas Antzas (who also decided to leave, and signed for a third division club) had revealed in a TV programme that Eleftheropoulos wanted to leave too, Olympiakos’ officials sidelined him and last March agreed to terminate his contract, which was supposed to end in 2005.

After these developments Eleftheropoulos and Antzas missed the opportunity to join the Greece national team at Euro 2004 in Portugal.

Can one of you guys tell me what happend do Eleftheropoulos? I heard he signed for some club in Italy. I'm not greek so I'm not into the daily basis of greek football but I simpathize a lot with Oly and Eleftheropoulos was one of my favs. He was one of the best keepers in the CL some years ago.

And concerning transfers, I don't know if OSFP has a lot of money now (I took notice that they were renewing Karaskaiki) but perhaps trying a loan of Karagounis to Inter wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't know. Just a guess. He played very good in the Euro, and even scored against my country... :rolleyes: Anyway he's a fine player, though he used to play for PAO when he was in Greece. But in football what today is a lie, tomorrow it's true, right? Well, thanks for your time and best of luck for Olympiakos this season! Geia sas!

Apparently u guys r in for a huge improvement and for me winning ur title back!!!

Apparently Portillo will be coming to Olympiacos for 2 years. Olympiacos will be requesting to have the option to buy him after this. if u guys get him, forget about pao this year :(

According to the latest reports Olympiakos want Javier García Portillo.

His agent Erminho Mendez stated that the Greek runners-up have made the best offer to the Spain-born forward of Real Madrid.

Portillo is aware of his situation, he knows he has to compete with Ronaldo, Raul, and Fernando Morientes and maybe with Wayne Rooney or Milan Baros and as a result he thinks that the best option for him is to move on loan to another club.

Official: Messina Sign Eleftheropoulos

7/14/2004 11:33:00 PM

Newly promoted Serie A side Messina have confirmed the signing of Greek international goalkeeper Dimitris Eleftheropoulos from Olympiakos Piraeus on a free transfer (as goal.com had reported on July 12).

The 28-year-old goalkeeper passed his medical today and signed a two-year contract with the Sicilian side.

Greek side Olympiakos, who ended the season in second place and will participate in next season’s Champions League group phase, have handed a trial to Croatian defender Ivan Rezic as they look to bolster their squad.

The 25-year-old has joined the pre-season preparations of the Piraeus club and if he impresses coach Dusan Bajevic, he will sign for Olympiakos.

The player has one year left on his contract with Croatian side Varteks Varazdin and his club was asking 300.000 euro only for the transfer fee.

hahahahah pao will b very dissapointed that this guys gone to the geys :lol:

How can you say that? Their defense is even weaker than last year, their best players are getting old and the only signing they made was a washed up has been Rivaldo who nobody else wants a piece of him, so it was either the geys or back to Quatar. Stop kissing their asses, they don't deserve it. They will finish last place in their group again in the Champions league and they will finish second place to us in the league like last year.

rivlado is old now boys...he is a better sighning then anything pao has had so far, but he is getting washe upp....he hasnt played serious seirous football since his last game at milan..his trip to sao paolo was a huge joke.. i saw him play and he wasnt even close to match fit and his skills were not even close to where he used to be...he is good, but dont assumer rivaldo will make u win the championship or do well in europe...

How can you say that? Their defense is even weaker than last year, their best players are getting old and the only signing they made was a washed up has been Rivaldo who nobody else wants a piece of him, so it was either the geys or back to Quatar. Stop kissing their asses, they don't deserve it. They will finish last place in their group again in the Champions league and they will finish second place to us in the league like last year.

yeh man i dnt know what i was thinking?? i mean whos rivaldo when we have players like Maric, zazutas, eppale, mitu, dembha ect... i dnt know what i was thinking u idiot ;) its people like u who allow our board to do this s%$#! my accepting it and not facing reality.... will see at the end of the season shale we ;)

Mark my words. Rivaldo came to Greece for money and not to play soccer.

And he will cause an uproar in the team. He will cry if he is substitued and once u take him to play against all the lil teams in Greece on the so called stadiums we have he will lose interest!

Effectively he has only been signed for 6 CL games!

theyre right.

its not jealousy as you guys are saying....the czech guy was a better signinging.

it would be jealousy if you got him after he left barca or if you went and got some player who was serious.... he will expect to be treated like a king...he has a history of being a son of a bitch, be careful...

dont get too excited because it hurts more when you dont make it to the next round of the CL.

it's funny reading some commentary in here, as if you actually know what the hell is going on and how he will perform. why dont you all open a gypsy fortune teller shack ?

meanwhile stick to zutautas and sapanis and of course the new slavic signings for your CL fotune. L M A O. :lol:

blah blah blah..keep talking...you obviously havent seen him play recently..oh wait, no one has, BECAUSE HE HASNT PLAYED A REAL MATCH IN YEARS!!!!! his journey at sao paolu was terrible and that was extremely evident in his play!! did you even see him play there??? rivaldo is a very good signing for you guys..but you are making him out to be your savior, which he definitly is not...

Archived