Phantis Forums

Akis Zikos (AEK Athens)

Ziaka

Apparently this guys a real prick he walked out on the national team( before king otto coached ellas) because he was benched and king otto got the shits because Zikos didnt tell him that he was going 2 france and moved with out consulting him.

seriously if this guy behaved like that do u blame king otto for leaving him out of the national team

he may be a good player but that sort of s%$#! isnt acceptable put some1 worthy there than have that ungreatful a**hole who wont have a fit and walk out if they start off on the bench. :tdown:

i may sound abit hash but really would u want a guy like this playing 4 you if u were a coach <_<

• 1 year later...

king otto got the shits because Zikos didnt tell him that he was going 2 france and moved with out consulting him.

Why would Rehhagel be upset that Zikos went to Monaco? Players need to think about their careers first...and Monaco did make it to the Champions League final a couple of years ago with Zikos playing an integral role.

As for Zikos' attitude...who knows for sure? We all know what kind of a "kafeneio" the National Team was before Otto came along. If I was Zikos and I saw myself being benched for players who did mala.kies on the field, I'd be upset too. Maybe Zikos was part of the problem, or maybe he got tired of the favouritism and other BS that we all know went on with the National Team. Whatever the case, he deserves a second chance, as does anyone else. The Confederations Cup proved to us that Greece needs to have a big of a player pool as possible if they want to have consistent success at the top level. Zikos needs to be part of Otto's options.

As you now may have realized, I have always believed Zikos should have been part of the National Team. ;)

true he could fill in for Basinas who has no club right now so Zikos would be in better physical shape but we all know how stubborn otto is. i would love to see him at least get a chance but otto is stubbron and he is now 31 years old and given these 2 things i think it's highly unlikely he will get called back as long as otto is in charge.

but you never know if otto retires after next year Zikos will be 32 and he will still have some good years ahead of him.

let's be realistic, he wasn't called up for the Belgium freindly and this match is to prepare us for the last 3 qualifiers so he won't be a part of the team in the last 3 qualifiers either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Otto doesn't want and never will, I think he is a good player not as good as Zagorakis or even Basinas, but him and Otto don't mix.  Those people should forget about it.

Sometimes egos should be put aside. Zikos is a great player who faces huge competition in his club but remains a first choice.

• 4 weeks later...

Zikos is a very good player but the central midfield is our strongest position! Zagoraki, Katsourani, Basina, and Karagouni are massive assets to the team. Is there room for Zikos? Otto still ahould have tried him out in friendllies.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Zikos is a very good player but the central midfield is our strongest position! Zagoraki, Katsourani, Basina, and Karagouni are massive assets to the team. Is there room for Zikos? Otto still ahould have tried him out in friendllies.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Well, a central midfield with Karagounis and Zikos would be great...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived