Phantis Forums

Is the End looming near?

Kostas

i've been meaning to air this concern for some time now.

i fear that the hope that we enosites hold, of our team overcoming these difficulties to finally become the club we dream of, will never happen. that our team has run the course of its glory and is now waning. the mistreatment from cancerous officials leaving us at a state were we can never fully recover.

this is the fear that i live with... it interferes with my life... and i have nbo patience any more. no hope. currently, our team has nothing... and the death of our beloved is imminent.

There is a solution for AEK, although it may seem immoral.

1 year ago in Sweden, two great teams in womens football (womens football in Sweden has the best league in the world, they won the champions league last year, and Sweden went to the world cup final) ?lvsj? and DIF were in tough spots financially and decided to join forces. They were called DIF / ?lvsj? and won the swedish league last year and are much healthier today.

I know it is sad that a great and historic club as AEK is in this position. But what do you prefer if the only other solution is relegation to div 4? I don't think it will happen, I want to believe that AEK will find its way. But if comes to joining forces with another team or relegation, I would prefer joining forces.

Hmmm...I'm not sure that would be the solution to AEK's problems. At least, not the one that the majority of the fans would enjoy the prospect of seeing. Take a look at it from this perspective.

First of all, if AEK were to join with any other team, it would have to be from the Athens area. Oly and PAO are, for the most part, financially stable and would not be options. That would leave the multitude of other Athens clubs who don't carry the fan base or the following that AEK does. For those clubs, the new found exposure and influx of funds and possibly the addition of a new stadium would be extremely beneficial to them. You just can't predict how the fans would mix together given the new found relationship.

For AEK, it would definately mean a change. And by change I don't mean the obvious ones mentioned above in terms of an association with another team, new funds, stadium, etc... By change I mean that they would no longer be one of the big three Athens clubs. The reputation would be damaged. And the traditions and character of AEK would be gone.

Even if the team were to be successful, you woudn't say that it was all AEK. There would be an asterisk beside any record the club held saying that it was an accomplishment of AEK/Panonios or AEK/Aigeleo or some muddled name like that.

This example that Lalin explained to us from Sweden sounds interesting. I think however, the character and history of Greek soccer would prevent it from happening there. What's the solution? Not sure...but I just can't envision this type of scenario.

Well Chalkidona is rumored to be open to merger proposals. There were even rumors floating in Thessaloniki that Aris might approach Chalkidona over proposed merger.

Anyway, today on the ERT-Sat news there was a report that after Easter AEK players are contemplating a group "prosfigi" to guarantee their wages.

i read a report that aek and apollon are considering a merger. i am not familiar with the regulations, so i don't know to what extent anything will be solved by this.

i certainly do hope players start to exert pressure by applying for prosfyges. whatever it takes for enic/netmed to sell.

Please tell me these are all time-delayed April fools' jokes! :(

Thats what they sound like to me... boo hoo. :blink:

To me, most of our "bigger name" players will be gone by the end of the season. We cant afford them anyways. AEK will still be alive. It will be a time of rebuilding for a while. Longer than most Greek fans are used to waiting - but thats the truth. UNfortuantely, we do not have anyone to do any scouting for younger players for transfers over the summer period. Atleast we have no idea who the coach will be so there is no forsight to look for players now while the season is still going. Solid players will not come to AEK like last summer due to the fact that our situation has gone from bad to worse with no positive future in sight.

So if your definition of the "end" is no more title contention, then to me, yes the end is near. It will be a time when we will be fighting for UEFA cup spots. Not too bad assuming our level of play and quality of player will drop a few levels. AEK will not dissolve or merge with other teams. If that ends up being the case, then why still follow the team. It will not be the team anymore. Besdies, they are building an AEK STADIUM. You cant build a stadium and then dissolve a team...

We will survive... and we will jump aggressively over every team in our new own stadium......and if any goalkeeper grabs down our players (plural as happened twice)...down with both hands.....and the ref would not give at least one penalty....., we will punish them both severily...... the grabbing goalkeeper........and the would-like-blind referee......

Long live AEK......long live the name of Konstantinopel............kai e3o apo edo ta sikletia....

i cant see aek merging with another team. it wont be allowed to happen by fans officials or old greats of aek.

as for aek players going on prsfigi well they can but thats not good preparation for uero 04 especially for players like lakis, zagorakis, tsiartas, katsournais, kapsis who are in nt team.

as for aek's solution. well we need to get rid of enic/netmed, get grants for new stadium to be bilt and get demis' and his team to take control of aek and start fresh. if it means dropping to 4th div then so be it. ui prefer that than pmerging with some other small team who want to benefit from aeks name only.

Lalin>>> Is this a Swedish woman team? We are talking about AEK the most glourios club in Greece, we might have 200 million euro in debt what to do with them?

By the way I read somewhere that Abramovish (the guy that bought Chealsea) was intressting in AEK. Is this true or was it an april joke??

By the way I read somewhere that Abramovish (the guy that bought Chealsea) was intressting in AEK. Is this true or was it an april joke??

Abramovich has confirmed that he is interested in another club, but it will definitely not be AEK, I think he's considering Italy.

If that was real dont you think that you would have heard about it more often? I mean on the day that was there, 2 other papers said Okkas made a statement about returning to PAOK and Bajevic made one saying Im going back to Olympiakos.

I don't want any junky capitalist......like the russian....to take AEK over......

I want people, who really care for AEK....... , who love AEK.......eventhough they have not enough money....to build a strong team.......... so what......, ...as long as AEK exists.... I don't care.... if we play for Championship....or we fight against relegation....

What I want is that AEK survives.....

It seems like you want peaple that care for aek that care for aek to rule over aek (Who doesnt want that?!??) But thats not logical couse money will always rule the moders fotboll....

Off topic:

Is there any one that will goo to Ullevi and watch Marseille if they make it to the final?

It would be great to se that game and the trip wont be long as i live in Sweden..

Archived