Phantis Forums

SLOVAKIA vs AUSTRIA 1-1

Friendly Game - March 31st, 2004 - Slovan-Stadium, Bratislava (4500 visitors)

SLOVAKIA 1:1 (0:0) AUSTRIA

1:0 (72') Mintal, 1:1 (91') Kollmann

Slovakia: Koenig - Kratochvil, Zabavnik, Varga, Labant (46./Gresko) - Demo (46./Vittek), Janocko, Karhan, Michalik (66./Ivana) - Nemeth, Krejci (46./Mintal)

Austria: Payer (56./Mandl) - Dospel, Hieblinger, Stranzl, Pogatetz - Schopp (79./Wallner), Scharner, Aufhauser, Kirchler, Ivanschitz (65./Dollinger) - Haas (70./Kollmann)

Yellow Cards: Zabavnik, Varga; Schopp

We will play against Austria in the eliminations to the World Cup 2006.Do they have some good players in their squad??Because I heard that they play vary bad and we shouldn't worry before the games against Austria.Is it true??

Very interesting Santos

With some more experience and luck we can expect more in the near future then!

Experience in big European teams also helps. If Austria imroves a bit and those palyers attract the interest of big European Clubs this circle will bring back good fortunes to the NT... I happened with Greece even if some of them rarelly play in their European clubs too!

I think the Austrian Team needs time. I'm sure they will be a good team in 5-6 years, because we have a lot of good 1985,1986,1987 players. The U19 and U17 National Teams are Top Teams in Europe.

Give them and the coach some time and luck and you will see.

Remember my words in 5 years...

B)

We will play against Austria in the eliminations to the World Cup 2006.Do they have some good players in their squad??Because I heard that they play vary bad and we shouldn't worry before the games against Austria.Is it true??

I think the 3 best players in the moment are Andreas Ivanschitz and the 2 goalkeepers Helge Payer and Thomas Mandl! It's very difficult for the coach to find good, young players in the Austrian Bundesliga, because most of the teams are playing with a lot of foreigners!

Archived