Phantis Forums

Ergotelis and Poseidon

ILoveAthens

Welcome to the forums B)

Ergotelis is from Iraklio Crete, while Poseidon is from Neoi Poroi, Pieria (this is in the North part of Greece, close to Thesalloniki).

May I ask from which part of Italy you are?

hello iloveathens!

you know, fewer athens teams in the top league of greece is a good thing. currently more than half the teams are from the athens area, and three from thessaloniki. that only leaves OFI and Xanthi to reresent the rest of greece. i sm glsd to see some athens teams fall the the B division, and som enonathenian teams advance to the top. it makes for a more interesting championship. many of these athens teams repsresent neighborhoods, and do not have a strong following. they only have many people at their ames when they play olympiakos, aek, or pao.

I agree with Kosta.

Imagine a Campionato where 14-16 teams were from Milan and Rome... It wouldn't be interesting. The same thing happens in the Greek Basketball league and actually a team had to relocate from Thesaloniki to Kozani in order to have crowd in their games!!

that only leaves OFI and Xanthi to reresent the rest of greece.

Kosta,

Paniliakos is from Pyrgos, so that makes 3 teams not from the Athens/Saloniki area, but otherwise I agree 100% with you comments.

i knew i was forgetting someone :unsure:

anyway, with kastoria and larissa on their way up to the B division, i'm hoping they wil be able to make it all the way up. these teams have huge followings and have the ability to contribute to a healthy and interesting championship, where the strong sides will be challenged by travelling to tough away fixtures, insted of travelling 15 minutes to neapoli to play an away game where their own fans otnumber the home fans.

enough already!!

Archived