Phantis Forums

OFI-news

Vaggar

First the happy ones.

After last week's win that secured our spot in A' Division, Foiros announced that he will give playing time to the young guys, starting this week since Deyanof and Oliveira are out (due to cards and injury respectively).

Also the new OFI website is up and running. It looks much more professional than the previous one. The only think that is missing is an online-shop so people like me can buy T-shirts and stuff.

The bad news are that the is nothing good going on in the front of new owners. Vardinogiannides made it clear that they want to sell the team for good, but no one has declared his interest. On March 29 we have elections for a new board and if noone is interested than the team will end up in the court and the judge will decide for a temporary board.

Its going to be a long summer for OFI.. :( :(

The board of OFI had a meeting with the mayor of Iraklio City Yianni Kouraki. In this meeting it was revealed that OFI's depth is 2.709.176 Euro. The initial depth was 869.087 in 1996 and OFI has already payed 2.200.000 Euro!!!! OFI has appealed to the court and hopes that the depth will be significally reduced. Also since this (the increase of depths due to high interest rates) is a general problem in Greece, the goverment is already passing law to arrenge it. Also OFI is expecting a significant amount of money >500.000 Euro from Vitese, but Vitese is also in bad financial situation and asks tha they pay only 120.000 Euro.

Nothing was announced in terms of the chances that the municipality of Iraklio will buy shares of OFI, or it will help financially. A new meeting has been arranged for tomorrow.

First the happy ones.

After last week's win that secured our spot in A' Division, Foiros announced that he will give playing time to the young guys, starting this week since Deyanof and Oliveira are out (due to cards and injury respectively).

Also the new OFI website is up and running. It looks much more professional than the previous one. The only think that is missing is an online-shop so people like me can buy T-shirts and stuff.

The bad news are that the is nothing good going on in the front of new owners. Vardinogiannides made it clear that they want to sell the team for good, but no one has declared his interest. On March 29 we have elections for a new board and if noone is interested than the team will end up in the court and the judge will decide for a temporary board.

Its going to be a long summer for OFI.. :( :(

:tup: Also the new OFI website is up and running. It looks much more professional than the previous one.

:( I am only waiting for an English version, last year they told me in Crete, they were working on it, but untill now??? :unsure:

But Iam lucky to have such good friends on this forum, they translate me the things I ask!!! :tup:

So my holidays are booked : from 15 june until the 7th of july I will be among my OFI friends in Crete :nw: :nw: looking forward!!

So my holidays are booked : from 15 june until the 7th of july I will be among my OFI friends in Crete :nw: :nw: looking forward!!

:tup: :tup:

Nice!! So are you going to stay all this time in Iraklio or you are going to travel in other places also?

:tup: :tup:

Nice!! So are you going to stay all this time in Iraklio or you are going to travel in other places also?

I don't stay in Iraklio, but this year in Kokkini Hani, near to Gouves, between Iraklio en Chersonissos. We rent a Suzuki Vitara and travel around and spent many hours among our friends, sitting outside, eating the tastfull Cretan food and drinking raki and wine aribaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :tup: :tup: :tup:

Sometimes we spent some hours at Barracuda in Amoudara, nice place at the beach

Kokkini Hani is a nice place, although some times the beach there gets crowded. I just wish I was able to do the same this summer. Hang out with friends in beautiful places, enjoy the sun, the sea, and the food. :king: :king:

Unfortunatelly, as it is now, I don't see that I will have enough vocation time to go to Greece this summer. Ohh well, I took extra time off when I visited Greece during Christmas so I shouldn't be complaining. :D :D

Back to what is happening to OFI.

After yesterday's shareholders meeting it is obvious that things are not going well for OFI. There is no interest by anyone to buy the team and the former president Ximeris agreed to stay as a president for a few days as the representatives of the major shareholders try to find a potential buyer.

At the same time the monthly installment (120.000 Euro) to the tax office is due and there are no money to pay it.

Also the fans have been split. The organized fans are opposing any direct or indirect involvment of the Vardinogianni family in OFI. They were actually blamed by the shareholders that with their attitude made Vardinogianni family angry and drived them to stop the financial support.

On the other hand there was a letter from non-organized fans that was thanking the Vardinogianni family and asked them to continue to support the team. This letter was signed by almost 600 people including former players like Poupakis, Vlachos, Christofis, Marinakis.

Myself I have one think to say. If Vardinogiannides sell PAO then I would be more than happy to see them having the ownership of OFI. Otherwise they have to pay the depths that they created and let the team go. Even if OFI goes to lower divisions I prefer that than having the label of tsatsou.

OFI-THRISKIA-ANEXARTISIA

Back to what is happening to OFI.

After yesterday's shareholders meeting it is obvious that things are not going well for OFI. There is no interest by anyone to buy the team and the former president Ximeris agreed to stay as a president for a few days as the representatives of the major shareholders try to find a potential buyer.

At the same time the monthly installment (120.000 Euro) to the tax office is due and there are no money to pay it.

Also the fans have been split. The organized fans are opposing any direct or indirect involvment of the Vardinogianni family in OFI. They were actually blamed by the shareholders that with their attitude made Vardinogianni family angry and drived them to stop the financial support.

On the other hand there was a letter from non-organized fans that was thanking the Vardinogianni family and asked them to continue to support the team. This letter was signed by almost 600 people including former players like Poupakis, Vlachos, Christofis, Marinakis.

Myself I have one think to say. If Vardinogiannides sell PAO then I would be more than happy to see them having the ownership of OFI. Otherwise they have to pay the depths that they created and let the team go. Even if OFI goes to lower divisions I prefer that than having the label of tsatsou.

OFI-THRISKIA-ANEXARTISIA

HEy, was Vlachos playing for OFI??? Is he the player who plays now in the Belgium first league? In Brugge, not the opponent of Anderlecht, but another team of the same city Cercle Bruges is playing one with the name of Vlachos! He played also for PAO that I know.

• 3 weeks later...

Vardinogiannis finally and categorically withdraw from OFI. :band:

The Vardinogiannis family does not want to be the owners or the investors of OFI anymore. This is what they said yesterday in the two hour discussion that they had with Gianni Papamattheaki (president of the temporary committee that administrates OFI). When they discussed about the depth, Vardinogiannis said that this will be solved by the government promptly as it will for most of the teams (OFI has paid back more money than what it was the initial depth, but due to the severe interest rates the initial depth has quadruplicated. The initial depth was 869.087 in 1996 and OFI has already paid 2.200.000 Euro).

The problem is that still Vardinogiannides have not put a price on OFI nor guaranteed that the depth that they created will be taken care by them, as Kourakis asked, so it is difficult for anyone that is interested to know how much getting OFI will cost him.

The good news is that at least everybody now in Iraklio will stop waiting the Vardinogiannides to take the team back (as some of the former members of the team were hoping) and will start thinking the next day without them in the picture.

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks have passed and NOONE has made a move to take the team. The shareholders meeting will be on the 31st of May, and it has to elect a new board otherwise OFI will dissolve and stop exist.

Yesterday the players were payed by the money that Vitese sent for Diara.

I see one thing. That if there is no interest in getting OFI by someone, then I see us going begging to Vardinogiannis to takes us back... :xxx: :xxx: :*&%: :*&%:

Archived