Phantis Forums

Athens will not be a target unless...

Irlandos

"You have given us no cause to attack you..." starts a radical, thought to have connections to Al-Qaida, in reference to the Olympic games, only to continue "if, however, your attitude changes..."

Read the full interview here from Eleftherotypia.

• 3 weeks later...

Athens chief dispels fears

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics_2...004/3581553.stm

The chief security adviser for the Athens Olympics insists no direct terrorist threat has been identified targeting the Games in August.

Fears have increased since the train bombings in Madrid earlier this month.

But Peter Ryan told Australian radio station ABC: "There is no direct threat against the Games or against Greece.

"Greece is a relatively peaceful, neutral country," added Ryan, who was the New South Wales police chief in the lead up to the 2000 Sydney Games.

Ryan highlighted the far greater level of security in Athens compared to Sydney.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

It could be said that greece is getting caught up in everybody elses mess, giving its location. I believe there will be no direct attack on the games but on something in Greece itself. After the attack on the US, the Madrid bombings, the Japanese hostages scandel and the attack against Australia through the Bali bombings it is imminat that an attack will take place somewhere in Europe during the games, i supsect England or Poland. I can see large soccer matches being targeted

These threats are even starting to worry the athletes! Some basketball players for the US team are thinking of not going now! Serena Williams has already decided she's not going! Hopefully this will stop.

This is STUPIED. Does Serena believes that she will be safer in France, or London? Or she will stop playing in Roland Garros and Wimbledon tournaments also?

This is STUPIED. Does Serena believes that she will be safer in France, or London? Or she will stop playing in Roland Garros and Wimbledon tournaments also?

I totally agree :angry: . The media :argue: is definetely responsible for this tennis player's actions!!!!!! :tdown:

I say USA should boycott , then will have a good and safe Olympics. :tup:

He has a point. The US has mixed politics with the Olympics over the last 20-30 years which is a HUGE MISTAKE. The US has continually showed the opposite of the Olympic spirit. I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there.

Oh yeah. Did anyone see on the news what some US soldiers did to the Iraqi prisoners? See how their officials aka Bush say bs apologies? If things like that happenned to Americans they would nuke a whole city. Can anyone see what is wrong here?

Yes what the Americans is an absolute discrace to there country, and this is why so many people dislikeAmerica in general, becuae of a few people wrong actions. They cant all be blamed but the US government should take responsiblity to what happened, as they control everything that goes on in Iraq.

The US, along with some other countries, have really diminished the Olympic spirit through greed, drugs and hatred.

I would love to see some of the smaller countries stand up at the Athens games and win a medal, like what happened with the Jimacian Winter Olympic Team. This was also shown at Sydney 2000, where a swimmer finished some 2 minutes behind the rest of the group but continued to swim on. His country had no swimming pools but still managed to make the games. This is what the Olympic should be about.

Yes what the Americans is an absolute discrace to there country, and this is why so many people dislikeAmerica in general, becuae of a few people wrong actions. They cant all be blamed but the US government should take responsiblity to what happened, as they control everything that goes on in Iraq.

The US, along with some other countries, have really diminished the Olympic spirit through greed, drugs and hatred.

I would love to see some of the smaller countries stand up at the Athens games and win a medal, like what happened with the Jimacian Winter Olympic Team. This was also shown at Sydney 2000, where a swimmer finished some 2 minutes behind the rest of the group but continued to swim on. His country had no swimming pools but still managed to make the games. This is what the Olympic should be about.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Thank you for the praise Trifilli04, but i am soory if i have offended any Americans or any supporters of the countries in what i have said. I was only using the americans as examples as there is hundreds of other athletes and countries that have ruiend previous games

But atleast i have choosen to hurt people through words instead through war......

Archived