Phantis Forums

Nikopolidis Vs Halkias

HOLLYWOOD

"After todays UEFA Cup game, the man of the match was Halkias. He had an amazing command of the area and in my opinion showed that he is ready to take over from Antoni.

Dont get me wrong, Nikopolidis is a legend for PAO and for the NT, and he still has one or two years of football in him. But Halkias who is only 28 has at least another 7 years to go could in my opinion be as solid as Nikopolidis in these comming years.

As for Nikopolidis future at PAO. I would love to see him sign another contract with us. The only other option is that he plays for a foreign team for 1 or 2 years and returns to PAO as a GK Coach. What i am sure of, is that he will not be going to AEK or OSFP". <<<--------------- thats a quote from someone else but i agree with it :not: lol jst cnt b F*cuked typing out my thoughts so ill use someone elses coz they r very simular to mine....

Credit goes to Odysseas Elytis :) (c i gave u credit :P didnt still it)

If he doesn't go to AEK (Oly do not need another keeper) his choice will be sitting on PAO's bench and backing up Chalkias (that's how it normally happens) or going to some minor European team with no promise of first team football.

The years roll by and dying one's hair does not bring them back! ;)

to be honest with you guys i think Pao Should give him another 2 year contract... the first year he will b our number 1 keeper and that second year him and Halkias should swap on a regular basis so that Halkias can slip in the roll easier den after that he should b offerd a job as a Coach for the goalies as his wisdom would b an asset to us..... but thats my opinon :rolleyes:

Exactly!!! I think than Halkias is a great Goalie, but I also think that PAO should reward Adonakis for all those years he offered to the club, by placing him in the management team!!!!

Another thing, do not give attention to the Bu^%$^%$it!!! in the press about Adonakis moving to Thrynos... It is the usual propaganda by the red press, same as it was with Lakis, Lymberopoulos etc etc....

We would be very happy with Nikopolidis at AEK....... but I don't think that he would join

us..due to our financial misery.............. we would ...suppose we would have had him in the past........we would have done in average 6-8 points more each saison........

And in Europe , we would have advanced at least one round further every year.....

I especially observed Xiotis ...on 3 consecutive games in the beginning of this saison......... Greece / Europe......... if you believe it or not ...in these 3 games....he did not even catch one cross or one corner in the air.......

270 minutes...without injury time........

I think adonis was benched against Auxerre because of the loss during the pre-season preparation. If anyone saw this game, we were demolished by auxerre on the night and adonis had a night mare of a game.

I think maybe adonis is not prepared pyschologically for this game. This dosen't allow the french to take advantage on the night. Halkias has enough experience in european level to sit under the posts for Pao.

He has played in difficult uefa champions league matches, so Auxerre wouldn't worry him at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived