Phantis Forums

WC 2006 Qualifying - Group 2

Ziaka

What a disgrace Ukraine is. And to think that there coach lived in Greece for 12 years coaching 4 clubs who paid his wages for him to make a living.

Were is the respect. If he comes to Greece again he should be attacked the moron.

I believe it is Greece who got themselves in this situation, losing to Albania the first game. THAT IS A DISGRACE!!! If Greece had won that match they would only have to win ONE of their remaining TWO matches, so Turkey would virtually be out!! You should not count on the results of other teams, the qualification is in your hands, and you do not even need to count on the results of Turkey anymore, so the only results that should matter to you are the Greek ones.

Furthermore, if you had seen the Ukraine-Turkey game, it was evident that Ukraine played to their upmost capabilities and should have won. They outplayed Turkey and it was their best played qualifier to date so far. It is comparable to Ukraine beating Greece in Athens, where Greece were the better team.

THE BIGGEST DISGRACE will be Greece not qualifying for Germany as reigning European champions, and you can only blame yourselves for that!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even if turkey beat albania and we get 4 of 6 points in the last 2 games to be tied w/ turkey, we can still get 2nd if we win by about 10 goals vs. georgia since turkey has a much larger goal difference than we do

otto cannot play for the draw in denmark, reality is we must win both cos we won't beat geaorgia by 10 goals.

Um, if Turkey wins, they'd have 23 points. If Greece only gets 4 points, they' end up with 22, one behind Turkey and eliminated from the World Cup qualifying, not tied with them.

Claba Arhidopoule or what ever your name is. What kind of team is this where you are in front of 75 000 fanatical Ukranians and you let the Turks beat you. When it is all said and done, you shafted your Orthodox brothers in the kolo and let Turks win, which I believe is all propaganda. Wonder how many Ukrainian mafiosa betted that Turks would pull off the win in a game where Ukraine had absolutely nothing to play for. Yes, I believe the game against Albania was our Ethniki's downfall, but it is a shame we could not get some help from the Ukranians who went into Konstadinoupoli and embarrassed this same Turk side 3-0. If your telling me that there is not more behind this Turkish win you are only fooling yourself. Even Denmark manager Olsen thought that something like this would go down. Shame on Ukraine! :tdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Claba Arhidopoule or what ever your name is. What kind of team is this where you are in front of 75 000 fanatical Ukranians and you let the Turks beat you. When it is all said and done, you shafted your Orthodox brothers in the kolo and let Turks win, which I believe is all propaganda. Wonder how many Ukrainian mafiosa betted that Turks would pull off the win in a game where Ukraine had absolutely nothing to play for. Yes, I believe the game against Albania was our Ethniki's downfall, but it is a shame we could not get some help from the Ukranians who went into Konstadinoupoli and embarrassed this same Turk side 3-0. If your telling me that there is not more behind this Turkish win you are only fooling yourself. Even Denmark manager Olsen thought that something like this would go down. Shame on Ukraine! :tdown:

Face the facts, your team didn't make it. Now stop blaming other teams for your downfall, and making all these stupid conspiracies.

In today's action:

Round 14 (12-OCT-2005)

Kazakhstan - Denmark 1-2

Albania - Turkey 0-1

GREECE - Georgia 1-0

GROUP 2

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Ukraine - 7 4 1 - 18:7 - 25

2. Turkey - 6 5 1 - 23:9 - 23

3. Denmark - 6 4 2 - 24:12 - 22

4. Greece - 6 3 3 - 15:9 - 21

5. Albania - 4 1 7 - 11:20 - 13

6. Georgia - 2 4 6 - 14:25 - 10

7. Kazakhstan - 0 1 11 - 6:29 - 1

Ukraine qualifies to WC 2006 in Germany. Turkey qualifies to the play-off stage.

UNFORTUNATELY, WE DID NOT PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL AND WE DID NOT DESERVE TO QUALIFY. WE DID TOO MANY MISTAKES. NOW I WANT TURKEY AGAINST THE SWISS AND THE SWISS GOING TO THE WORLD CUP! :tup: THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

How true.

Had we beaten Albania we would be 2nd, and had we beaten Albania and tied Ukraine at home we would have been 1st.

The worst loss was at home to Ukraine where it affected the team psycholigically. Greece had just tied in Turkey and were on a 4-game winning streak that included a home win against Denmark. The Ukraine game was our best soccer and we lost by once chance.

Since then, poor play in Confederations Cup and against Kaz and Denmark. Albania loss was bad but Ukarine loss had a domino affect.

the loss to albania didn't really bother me even though excuses we're flying around that players were not in shape cos the greek championship didn't start yet...bla bla bla.....when you have just been crowned european champions and lose to albania there are no excuses.

the loss to ukraine was definately the knockout punch but in a way ukraine did to us what we had been doing at euro, that is soak up all the pressure and then strike back like a cobra was how dellas put it i believe so to balance things out i guess it serves us right.....but again it's otto's poor tactics that we're the underlying cause.

Archived