Phantis Forums

AEK vs Panaitolikos

Original Sydney

I couldn't find a stream and I don't have Antenna so I listened to it on radio, first half we were in control but didn't threaten them too much, then Johanssen stepped us for us at a perfect time. He has been our best signing to date and this new role Poyet has him playing is doing wonders.....

Overall we did well and once Djebbour and Platellas came on the game changed in our favour even more, Djebbour was in the mood to play today and hopefully with more game time he can find some good form and get a few goals under his belt as we are desperate for someone upfront to convert these chances. Aravidis is a good player but he is out of his depth at times. Also was great to keep a clean sheet.

2nd spot now and Kalloni up next at home and really on form and paper we should beat them, lets keep this momentum going until Xmas.... Also 2nd round we have all the big games at home except for Tripoli so things are slowly becoming in our favour, that loss to Tripoli hurt us though as we could've had a bigger gap from 3rd spot....

Must admit I LOVE hearing the gavri whinge and whine we got another penalty today, a clear penalty at that also and anyone who says it wasn't a penalty is clueless on football, BUT wait the refs helped influence us win today also even though we were 2-0 up... The yifti don't look at the petsino penalty they got today also they worry about AEK, I love it.

Oh wait I forgot they had a player sent off also today 3 mins before the end whilst up 2-0 which could've been a straight red also, the ref really helped us today once again, that's 9 points they have gifted us :)

Edited by Original Sydney
  • Like it 1