Phantis Forums

AEK-Atromitos

Original 21

There's a misconception that Aravidi is an ampalo, or a Blanko type player but this is really not true. A lot of the goals he has scored show a lot of class, especially the goal against the gauro last year. Also if you look at his days at Panionio, the guy is anything but an ampalo. He does have ball control and is able to run with the ball at his feet. But here is what the issue is right now....the formation.

Buonannotte and Vargas are players who can create but at the same time are the type of players who create mostly for themselves. They're the guys who are going to whiz passed a few defenders and send a rocket passed the goal keeper. These types of players can't help Aravidi. Buonanotte is more of an AM and Vargas hasn't been used as a dekari as much and when he is, he isn't as effective, not just because of his conditioning but because he's also fairly new to the team. The only player in the line up who has the ability to get into the front and help out Aravidi and actually connect  him to the rest of the team is Mandalo (and to some degree Barbosa) . Mandalo can empty out defenders and has enough vision to distribute the ball and create chances. 

Arava is either being isolated by poor line-up choices or he's being used as a winger, something he tries nobly to accomplish but it just isn't his position. I think the perfect thing to get him connected to the attack is to play the 4-1-3-2 but i that can't happen we need Mandalo behind him.  

The only player I don't think he should've benched was Kolovetsios, other than that squad rotation isn't a bad thing. AEK dominated the game if we didn't then you could question all the things that have been said. Diego doesn't have to start each game, you always need someone off the bench to be a game changer.

I watched the game and we were all over them just couldn't score.

Our defence at times can be questionable but we didn't concede and that's all that matters.

Big game in 2 weeks against the gavri, they are on fire also so it will be a great test for us and I am sure Dellas will have them fired up for it as he did in the kypello.