Phantis Forums

Manchester United-Olympiakos(Old Trafford, Manchester)

Omonoia9

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't have lost this one. It looked like Olympiakos never believed that they can make it. And what a stupid, stupid penalty that was - the one that Holebas gave up. Yes, it was a penalty but it was very stupid of him to give it up like that. The Olympiakos goalie was very shaky throughtout. He froze on the 3rd goal - a shot that went less than a meter past the keepers body. He could've saved it if he only stretched his arm.

Anyway. Olympiakos' cruising through Greek superleague and the lack of experience going against meaningful opponents was his weakness today (according to me of course :smartass: ) .

The worst thing was having to listen to the Brit sportcaster  snotty comments (on ESPN here in the US), and how they were constantly putting down Olympiakos. :tdown: I was praying that Olympiakos advanced, just to shut them up.

Shouldn't have lost this one. It looked like Olympiakos never believed that they can make it. And what a stupid, stupid penalty that was - the one that Holebas gave up. Yes, it was a penalty but it was very stupid of him to give it up like that. The Olympiakos goalie was very shaky throughtout. He froze on the 3rd goal - a shot that went less than a meter past the keepers body. He could've saved it if he only stretched his arm.

Anyway. Olympiakos' cruising through Greek superleague and the lack of experience going against meaningful opponents was his weakness today (according to me of course :smartass: ) .

The worst thing was having to listen to the Brit sportcaster  snotty comments (on ESPN here in the US), and how they were constantly putting down Olympiakos. :tdown: I was praying that Olympiakos advanced, just to shut them up.

I think we're all sick of British commentators knocking all things Greek. Greek teams just always blow it in England. 

Archived