Phantis Forums

Turkish teams in the Uefa Cup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Turkish teams in the UEFA Cup draw have increased to four! This is due to Besiktas and Galatasaray securing 3rd place in their CL groups.

Of the four, Galatasaray will be seeded while Besiktas, Genclerbiligi and Gaziantepspor will be unseeded. This means that any one of the latter three could be drawn against Panathinaikos!

This is a really tough draw.

I believe they all have a chance to advance but at the same time all of our teams may fail at this round.

I also won't be surprised if GS and BJK are eliminated and our two small teams Gencler and Antep advance to the next stage.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost prophetic, Kerr!

Indeed Gaziantepspor and Genclerbiligi have shocked their Italian opponents while GS and BJK face uphill battles against their Spanish opponents.

:)

I'm still worried for Gaziantepspor! :( With a bit of luck they could have eliminate Roma!

btw Gencler is fast becoming the new phenemenon of Euro football. They are a very solid team! Their win against Fenerbahce at the semi finals of the Turkish FA cup is a proof of that!

Not many teams managed to beat FB at the new Sukru Saracoglu stadium with a score like 2-4! :whistle:

I have a feeling Gencler will beat Valencia in Spain! Then they may go all the way to the finals!

hey bubu is he also a famous player in Poland?

I really like Kaan Dobra's play, i've been watching him since he started to play for Kocaelispor!

I think he could have been a good player for the Poland NT. B)

Archived