Phantis Forums

902 Tv Sold, To Be Relaunched As E Channel

Earlier this month, KKE's 902 TV was sold free and clear of all employees to a Cypriot off shore company trading under the name "A-Orizon Media Ltd." It is still unknown who exactly is behind the transaction, but reps from the company stated they plan to inform the National Council for Radio and Television (ESR) of details soon. It is worth noting that 902 TV is broadcast nationwide through DIGEA.

In the meantime, the channel started broadcasting a trailer featuring the presumed new name: E Channel. The logo looks very similar to American E! Entertainment. Reps from A-Orizon stated that they plan to begin airing programing on September 10th, and plan to hire around 100 former ERT employees.

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure whose the new owner or what type programming they'll be showing, but if it's like  E! Channel(shows)(US/Canada), I dought it'll come here, simply because of Copy rights issues. Although its may be in Greek, the programming is still from E! Channel and I think its either BCE or Corus/Shaw that have the rights in Canada. 

• 3 weeks later...

It is not like E! channel (US/Canada). Since the launch, they have changed their logo a bit and now are going by the name Epsilon TV.  From what I gather, they have been picking up some former TV talent that was left on the sidelines following the media downsizing in Greece these past few years. Currently they are not really a big player, so I don't see them launching an international service anytime soon. After all, Skai TV formed in 2006, and they just launched their international service in Canada. The only thing Epsilon TV (and Makedonia TV for that matter) have going for them, is that they are broadcast nationwide.

Here is their website by the way: http://www.epsilontv.gr/

Archived