Phantis Forums

Greece v Slovenia

js1000

WOOH!!!!

Sifakis hasn't played in a dog's age and why do you want to exclude Salpi, Avraam and Holebas from our 1st team?

I'd start

Tzorvas

Torosidis, Avraam, Papaetc., Holebas

Ninis, Maniatis, Karagounis ©

Salpi, Gekas, Samaras

Needless to say, Karagounis would have to be replaced at some point and Sifakis should be given a chance to "warm up".

Let's see what Santos says!

WOOH!!!!

Sifakis hasn't played in a dog's age and why do you want to exclude Salpi, Avraam and Holebas from our 1st team?

well halkias is awful and tzorvas hasn't played in a dogs age also, sifakis is the best of the 3 and he needs matches where these friendlies are perfect for him. avraam is not as good as sokrati and k paps we're blessed with good centre halfs, salpi i've never really rated and holebas or tzavellas either or to be honest they're both decent.

santos' line up halkias; toro sokrati avraam holebas; ninis maniatis kats kara; samaras gekas

can't believe he's gone for halkias

Two important saves from Chalkias just now.

Mate he only had to make the 2nd save because of his abysmal attempts to save the first strike. The ball was coming straight at him and he just spooned it back into the direction of their striker. Terrible goal keeping. He also made another error in the first half when he failed to collect a simple cross. It's ridiculous that a goalkeeper can have such terrible handling. Chiotis must be banging his head off the wall

Mate he only had to make the 2nd save because of his abysmal attempts to save the first strike. The ball was coming straight at him and he just spooned it back into the direction of their striker. Terrible goal keeping. He also made another error in the first half when he failed to collect a simple cross. It's ridiculous that a goalkeeper can have such terrible handling. Chiotis must be banging his head off the wall

Still important saves ... :P in his defense he didn't see the ball coming at first ...

Still important saves ... :P in his defense he didn't see the ball coming at first ...

He's terrible, I'd rather have you in goal and we all know you're a quality right back but not so good in goal! :P

Oh and Chiotis would have saved that free kick! :P

End of the game, 1-1. Bad second half, don't care what the commentator said. Lot's of losing the ball on unnecessary occasions then having to win it back again (which most of the time did work out).

Good to keep our feet on the ground.

Now off to see what Greece is going to do in the Eurovision :D (just saw the girl, beautiful thing, but not too great of a voice :D). Good night everyone!

Next friendly vs. Armenia 31st of May 2012!

Also, "like" Greece here: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2012/t...eams/index.html

He's terrible, I'd rather have you in goal and we all know you're a quality right back but not so good in goal! :P

Oh and Chiotis would have saved that free kick! :P

Haha thanks man!

Hope to see you around a lot during Greece's campaign, always enjoy reading your posts! :tup:

euro - spot on..as i read the squad the same thing popped into my head...tsiolis is needed for some muscle, experience and presence, especially to hold a lead....dont know much about fourtounis, but i know kone ios the kind of a-hole pest you hate playing against, but love on your squad......he has an attitude and that is necessary, but he is definitely a hot head that do something stupid to hurt us, no doubt....

in reality, if we are relying or depending on kone to make the a big difference then we are doomed...so his omission is not as significant as tsiolis in my opinion.....

Archived