Phantis Forums

Away travel

jerry

How easy would it be for me to travel on the away coaches to Levadiakos on feb 4th?

I'm over for the weekend from the UK and i've tried contacting the club both through its website and a few other email contacts but have heard nothing.

Do panathinaikos fans take up all their allocation of away tickets usually or are there often spare places available? And do buses run to the away games from the old stadium or elsewhere in the city?

I'm planning to visit the old stadium on friday afternoon / saturday morning to enquire about 4 tickets but any help in advance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerry

Finally got a reply from club. It's unknown if Panathinaikos fans will have tickets for this game and even if they do the club are not allowed to transport groups of people.

Is that the case with every greek football club or is it a ban that applies only to Panathinaikos?

Jerry

It is the top clubs - Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, etc. - that seem most affected. Sometimes they are granted tickets and are allowed to bring their fans, increasingly they are not and many times the final decision is made the week preceding the game.

However, as I said before, should a fan find himself in the city where his team is playing, nothing really can stop him from buying a ticket like everyone else there.

Going to be more than likely I think that we'l watch the game from a bar. Don't want to risk car hire and turn up to find its a sellout or no tickets available on the day etc.

So with that in mind where's the best large screen bar / taverna to watch it in Athens centre?

I've tried Athens Sports Bar near the Acropolis but they are showing the English matches.

jerry, sorry for the late response.

i remember the days when fans would pack a bus to a game, it does not happen as frequently anymore i dont believe.

if you have the time, i suggest taking the trip to livadeia, its only around a 2+ hr drive from athens (depending on traffic getting out of athens) and is a nice area. you can take a trip to delphi and also go to the herkyna river area. either way, i doubt the game will be sold out so i wouldnt worry too much about that.

i like going down to glyfada, lots of tavernas will have it on, it is winter though so it loses some of its appeal.

Archived