Phantis Forums

PAO-Doxa Dramas

pao123

we host doxa tomorrow as a make up match from the beginning of the season...lets not underestimate them although they have only scored 1 goals in 11 matches...they will probably close themselves back and hope for a draw so we need to pop one in early...

oh yeah, we beat giannena this weekend in a match that should have never been played..the field was a ice hockey rink with players sliding around left and right. its a miracle no one was injured...cleyton scored in the 85th minute witha bicycle kick after a very open match with both teams creating alot of chances...karnezi was our MVP making 5-6 huge saves.

onward to tomorrow. leto is teetering on a 7th yellow which means he wil miss 2 matches...i say he just gets it so he is not in danger of missing the derbies coming up next month. until then we have a relatively light schedule with the excpetion of atromitos at home over the weekend. its funny how he had just acouple cards up until theodoridi made some comments about how leto never gets yellows and now he is in danger of missing 2 matches?? coincidence? i think not....

kapino, zeca, spyropoulo and rudolf all have 3 cards as well. rudolf will not be playing this match as he will be out for about another week thru ANOTHER injury. zeca may also not feature as he has a very bad cold, with his wife apparently going to the hospital with a case of pneumonia.

it is obvious some of our players are not in as good form as the beginning of the year. quincy has not helped very much, zeca appears to need a bit of a rest and even leto is not playing as well. we surely need a FULL team effort to have any hopes of taking the title.

good and bad points...

we were not good in the first half...doxa played very organized and defensive and we were unable to break them in the first, despite the fact that we had 60% possession after the first 45', we did not create many clear cut scoring opportunities..we broke through on goal 3 times, two were called VERY VERY WRONGFULLY offside and the third toche missed when he could have easily played an easy ball to leto for the open goal..

second half was different, possession increased and we played with ALOT of urgency. the pao of 3-4 years ago would have given up in these games, instead they played with heart and purpose. we broke through many times but couldnt finish until kats' goal. it looked like we were heading for a tie, but our pathos pushed us through...i think this speaks alot for our manager..he is drawing the best out of ever player and really building a team spirit and trying to create a winning mentality...i thought we went well tactically today as well. starting the second half, he told kats to push further and take control of the passing in the midfield...he completed this move by pushing him all the way up, adding kara for depth and moving vitolo deeper...he knew we were not being bothered at back and that we were missing katsouranis passing and movement. vitolo and zeca did well, but neither can control our passing game like kats. by doing this, we were able to close them in their half (even if they were playing with 7-8 players in their box) and create space by bringing mavria out wide and telling marino and spyro to push forward. he is a top notch manager and has a positive effect on our club..i think its important we stick with him, even if we dont win the title..he has been dealt a very crappy hand, and is doing a great job with it.

i am confused by toche...he is slow, he has mediocre ball control at best and he has not found his scoring boots. HOWEVER, he makes some very clever runs and has great positional sense. he is trying hard to break drought, but i believe once he starts scoring he'll have 7-8 goals by the end of the year...all in all though, he is not pao material..maybe better than petro, but should be a third choice. quincy has been god awful for the last handful of games..he needs a kick in the ass, he losses the ball and starts walking around, his attitude is wrong. leto appears to have heavier legs and his sprint does not have the step it did..he needs a rest. every player on our roster is getting used, we need everyone to help if we are going to have a chance this year...

atromitos on sunday...a much tougher test.

Archived