Phantis Forums

PAO Transfer Winter 2012

pao123

starting in two weeks, might as well open it up...

first report: http://www.leoforos.gr/article/34714/sten-...nkaster-o-plesi

plessis has apperently signed with doncaster on loan for the rest of the season...this frees up his rather high contract for not playing...next come giourkas, melissi and leontiou...i dont think seitaridi wants to leave simply bc he will not find as high of a contract as he has at PAO, we need to cut ties with him, he isnt even on the bench and he is making a very nice contract...melissi and leontiou also MUST go...

reports indicate that we are ready to pick up another stopper, which would be great, but unless we dont see the above players leave, with the plessi money we really are only able to sign one player...

reports also indicate vieira, who is free in the summer, may sign with us from the winter if gil vicente agree to let him go for 100K. he may sign with us either way, so if we can come up with the money, gil vicente will probably rather lose him for a tiny fee then lose him for nothing...

reports also indicate ninis is close to moving to Parma next year...there are also reports that simao, whos contract is up in the summer and free to sign with homever in the winter, is considering signing for another club if we do not meet his demands...

i think it would be terrible if we dont re-sign nini, simao and lazaro to new contracts...we cannot get rid of our younger players if we want to form a good team, these players need to stay at all costs...yes, evetually i want nini to move on to a better league, but I DO NOT want him to leave for free, same goes with simao...pao have the tendancy to lose their best young talent as free agents, as was the case with players like karagouni who came thru our system and we did not see even a dime.. we could part ways with these players and potentially receive a E10M + injection, or potentially lose them this year for a big 0!

the club also needs to bring down contracts like kara's and kante...who have excessively high contracts for their rather limited contribution this year...i think kara is green enough to agree to a lower salary, and i would love to see him end his career where he belongs...

Good points. Ninis and Simao, and Lazaros (if healthy) should remain.

PAO has done horribly with transfers, over all, in the last 10 years. Lots, lots of money wasted. Giourkas was just a big flop, and I think he's a lazy bastard.

Yes, they're talking about only $15 mil. to buy the club now, and this money can be easily lost via transfers for free agents like Ninis.

Yes, to Kara. He should stay. He's a leader, a PAO flag, and the captain of the Euro12 team. His contract will be reduced but I don't mind whatever money he makes (compare that to that Gourkas contributions, the bastard), because it's in appreciation.

Petropoulos is out? What's up with Biarsmir?

Continuity is a good thing, which means a core should always be there, plus a good coach. Is Ferreira the longest-serving in recent years?

I read something today about Ninis, and I'm not sure I understand the procedure, but PAO is accusing Ninis of violating his contract by talking to another team before his contract expires next summer. This doesn't bode well for the player. Ninis will most likely leave with no benefit to PAO.

They should keep him, but it was stupid to make such a public move against him now. Legally he can't talk to another team right now, but if the two sides begin to argue, he'll be gone in the summer and PAO will get zero $.

I'm sure foreign teams would love to have him, but it's a gamble for him right now. He should stay with PAO and play in the Euro, and in a few years he can transfer out.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i havent been posting, ive been traveling for the past month or so....

latest reports indicate that we will not be able to sign anyone over the winter..management does not want to take the risk of added salaries without guarentee of the take over...to be honest, i am not surprised, soon enough we will barely have enough to pay the players we have on the roster...

plessis signed for doncaster, but is a move that does not save us much money. the next important step is to get rid of melissa, leontiou and seitaridis. these exits though do not look likely, which is a big problem...

lazaro re-signed with us, i believe it is a 3 year contract with him earning 450K without bonuses....ninis looks set to leave FOR NOTHING (like kara and kyrgiako) and there has been no news on simao..spyropoulos contract i believe runs up in the summer as well..he has seemingly picked up his game recently...he has the konstantinou syndrome it appears...he plays crap for long periods of time, then turns it up in order to win over another contract...

bjarsmyr has filled in nicely since the injuries to sarriegi, boumsong and the leave of kante..despite this, we need another CB, since we are not going to sign anyone it appears, ferreira is bringing up youth...

this is something important i would like to point out...ferreira is relying on our youth, finally we have a manager who is putting focus on our young players, instead of signing crap and cheap foreign players to help the team, we are turning to the cheapest and best option, our youth team...mavrias is getting ALOT of time, and has started the last couple of games, fourlanos is getting minutes, kapino is also doing very well. that is 3 players under 19 that have been seeing action so far this year..ferriera knows what he is doing here, slowly giving minutes to the youth, having them train daily with the first team without giving them much hype which has screwed our youth in the past...

i would also like to point out of gk situation, at the beginning of the year everyone said we were screwed in this position, yet ferreira has kept the faith and it appears we have one of the best gk trios of any superleague club...kapino has FAR exceeded expectation, karnezi has looked incredible these last couple of days and we still have the expereince of kotsolis as well as tabakis, who i believe is another star in the making...

the bottom line is we dont have a deep roster BUT ferreira is finding ways around it by building a strong team atmosphere and creating a situation where every player is ready to help if need be, while also giving weight to giving the young players time. the fight is close, and if we can stay focused, i believe we can take the title with the roster we currently have...it will be very tough, but it is possible..so far, i am very impressed with the team despite our recent drop in form..they have far exceeded our expectations for this year as we all believe that by the winter we would be far away from the title race, instead (pending 2 matches) we are in first place...

hopefully the take over happens and we have some spending money for the summer to rebuild the team and fill in our weak points...

rumour has it vgenopoulo had a meeting with gontika today giving him some offers to help stabilize the club and make it through the rest of this year comfortably. lets hope these reports are true and we can squeeze in and pick up a player to help us out...

Archived