Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Panaitolikos

Irlandos

A couple of remarks on the officiating of this game:

1. I didn't get to see a replay of the penalty but, to me, it looked like a definite penalty though the violation did not warrant the red card issued to Rocha on that play.

2. The second OSFP goal was a definite offside. The ref went even further to show a yellow to a player who protested.

3. After all those protests on the penalty and red card and OSFP's 2nd goal, plus the substitutions that took place, the ref should have allowed more than 2 minutes of injury time.

Now Olympiakos were the better team and the victory was well deserved but Panaitolikos players will go home feeling cheated. This could have been avoided.

a penalty it definitely was...no doubt about it, no one can argue, it was clear as day...the red card was a bit excessive, a yellow would sufficed. some may argue it was a red, i accept that opinion but for me, it should have been just a yellow.

BUT the djebbour offside goal was ridiculous, he was at least 2 meters offside, that is inexcusable, not even an amateur ref/linesman would make those mistakes. camara as well, was just as obviously onside as djebbour was off...

the ref also did not give torosidi, abdoun and avraam cards that they rightfully deserved. one especially where charistea would have been through on goal that avraam pulled him down, should have been a yellow but didnt even get a foul...

overall, im impressed with panaitolikos attitude and fight in this match. they looked well organized from the middle through the backline and even fought hard after going a man down...i think all in all they will feel hard done...they looked to deserve a draw but it seems the ref decided to maybe help oly close the game.... :P in all seriousness tho, there are some "smaller" teams that have built well organized strong sides this season, though they cant compete for the title, they have the workrate and attitude to put up a fight against any team, panaitolikos seems to be shaping up as one...

oly looked tired and seemed to not have their focus...their minds are obviously on arsenal, which is understandable as it is a HUGE match...

i bet you after tomorrow match vs aris, either we get screwed, or we win and oly will have complaints about the ref.... :D

I just saw the game that my Dad recorded for me (as I was away) and here are a few thoughts/comments:

-That was a penalty and I agree with Irlandos that a Red card was too harsh to give.

-I agree with pao123, especially with Avraam grabbing Charisteas shorts... that should have been a yellow card and a free kick, or at least a free kick.

-I agree also that the second goal, Djebbour was offside, not sure how the linesman could have missed that.

-The Ref should/could of given some yellows to Olympiakos. To be quite frank they have been hit hard with yellows this year IMHO, but that doesn't justify by giving them a pro-Oly game either...I also heard about Kakos giving a Red card after the game to Riera, which makes more drama... I mean, can't we just have

50-50 officiating and let the teams decide who wins? Oly gets favouritism, Pao gets favouritism... enough already! A real good soccer league is where you see some small teams upset big teams, without the refs/linesman's help and makes the title race more interesting!

Do the Referees help "big teams," I believe so, but this just has to stop. No wonder we Greeks are always divided... Everyone wants their own interest, above & beyond truth & honesty... They should compete like in the Ancient Greek Games, where the best man won, with honesty and honour!

Sorry for the rant, I love soccer and I really dislike when I see stuff like that. :tdown:

Otherwise Olympiakos won rightfully and they didn't need help from the Ref or linesman. I believe they were conserving for Tuesday's big game with Arsenal.

I know that is another topic, but with Ibagaza out and so many midfielders injured, it will make it a pretty tough game.

Archived