Phantis Forums

Oly v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

I have to say that I've watched so many games between these two, and this was a great game. Exciting and many scoring opportunities, unlike many derbies in the past that nothing happened even if there was a score.

These are the two teams that will fight it out for the titles this season.

For PAO, guys, I think we've got a great goalie. Looks like Wantzik. Quincy is improving and always a threat. He's gifted Zeka's goal as he broke through Oly's defense.

I'd have like a bit more ball control but good result.

It was a more wide open game then normal for both teams. Actually, it was quite a good game! I'm not happy for the result but here is my take:

-When Pao was up 0-1 the hit the post and could of been 0-2...

-After that Olympiakos also hit the post and could of equalized it but didn't...

-The Linesmen called against Olympiakos a few times but also against Pao.

-The referee wasn't that bad but he sure got in the way a few times as a extra defender for Pao! Lol

-I believe with the scoring chances Olympiakos obvioulsy could/should of won.

-If Pao would of scored and made it 0-2, then they could of won.

-Olympiakos besides having more opportunities played overall better today than Pao.

-From Pao, Marinos played exceptionaly well as a defender and Quinn looked very dangerous at times. I also like Kapino, this kid being only 17 had great composure and its refreshing and promising in the future, for the national team.

-From Olympiakos, I liked Makoun today, he was the best player on the field I thought. Djebour was good as well.

Should be interesting Protathlima this year, nice to see a more open game instead of the tight defensive.... The referee was not bad as I said, he made some mistakes but he let the game go and not stop it for every altercation like most Greek referees do...

I agree with most of what Kanadezos says and would like to add:

*There was a bit of tension on the pitch but over all it was a "civilised" derby :)

*Kapino impressed me very much, especially as a shot-stopper, but still has some learning to do: His clearance, late in the game, that went straight to an opponent close to PAO's penalty area was one of the worst I have ever seen.

*Megyeri looked shaky at times and may not be the keeper Olympiakos need.

*Referee Yiachos handled the game very well. His linesmen made one big mistake - allowing Djebbour to shoot after being in a clearly offside position but that was without consequence.

*Lastly...It looks like this season will be an interesting one and no one will run away with the title :)

Archived