Phantis Forums

Xanthi v. PAO

athinaios

we will have to wait another week to see rudolf i guess..was really hoping to see him this week. the team hasnt played in a month and i would not be surprised to see us start sluggishly. luckily some of our internationals had acouple matches last week.

xanthi are going to be a tough side this season and i would not be surprised to see lost points, even though anything but a win will be a failure..

toche is confirmed out...good news is kapinos will get the start, i think we are seeing the start of a bright future here and i am not opposed to seeing him getting time...this is a good match for him to gain experience. would not be surprised to see cleyton either helping up front. ferriera seems to get some help from him despite that not being his natural position. there were also talks that he has been trying out a 4-4-2 with leto playing in the hole and quincy out to the left..

1000 of our fans will be there, i suspect it will be plenty more..lets keep it safe and problem free..

great result, i woke up early and watched the match...we did well, but again its difficult to judge the team when you go down a man. vitolos second yellow was rather difficult, the ref could have easily let it stand as a simple foul w/o the yellow, i can see why he gave it, although xanthis player really does appear to lower his head into the challenge...viviani should have been sent off for the penalti. both of their goals were very nice strikes..kapinos was a bit out of place for the second, but probably would not have stopped it even if he was perfectly positioned. he did make acouple fantastic saves and looked rather confident.

we showed alot of character and bite..quincys goal was just fantastic, he has showed he can be an asset to the team and turned out to be very decisive...leto too was a game changer...and also leading league scorer with an impressive 5 goals in 4 appearances...

a solid result, on to ergotelis next week..

These are the games that have hurt PAO in the past.

3 out of 4 games away, and much adversity but the team has done well under the cirumstances.

When I said that this team needs one goal this season, I meant it, and that the fans would forget Europe if the team performed well and won the domestic title.

Given the problems and how easily this whole season could have been a disaster, I'm happy so far. I don't see this team, problems and all, being out of contention by xmas this season as it was the case so many years in the past while having a better roster then. So, it's good.

Stability (financial and otherwise) in the club is very important and we might get it. I hope Vgeno decides to finally leave (good riddance) because he's been responsible for the failure of the partnership.

They should have a fest with Ergotelis next Sunday.

Btw, Kotsolis should be #1 for now, but next year it'll be Kapinos. PAO has gotten some very good goalkeepers since the Economopoulos era.

Archived