Phantis Forums

Greece - Croatia

tihio10

apparently geka is set to start the match..

santos had a training match with the starting line up as tzorva, zaradouka, avraam, sokratis, torosidis, tziolis, kara, katsourani, samaras, salpi and gekas.

i would like to see kyriakos in there..he has been in very good form with schalke sitting 4th in the budesliga, one point from 2nd and 4 from first. he has featured in all 8 matches, starting 7 of them.

avraam has only played twice so far this season against ergotelis and marseille and is probably lacking match fitness and form..

i can see where santos is going tho as the pairing sokratis-kyriakos is not the most experienced of duos but i want to see him out there...even in the midfield where he has also featured regularly. his distribution may not be as good as tziolis, but he can solidify that area and cut modric out of the match..tziolis will just play strictly zonal, and will cover alot less ground. im not saying we should man mark modric, but kyriakos will do alot better of a job not allowing him space then tziolis will.

the pressure and effort in that area of the pitch will be decisive for us defensively. if we are able to close down that space and not allow the like of modric and krancjar time, we have a better chance of not conceeding. if we leave gaps and time, then players of their class will make us pay...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry guys - 2-1 croatia. maybe even 2-0....

cant see a team that ties latvia and georgia beat croatia. not that they are that good, but we are just very mediocre. but i will watch, root, and hope all of you can write after the game that i was wrong......enjoy !!!!

if we do not score first in this one, i dont believe we will have a chance of winning. if we do score first, i forsee a draw :D

croatia are a very tough side with some really quality players. im sorry to say, i think man-to-man they have a better team than us but in the end, it is 11 on 11.

line up is as follows

A. Tzorvas

A. Papadopoulos

V. Torosidis

S. Papastathopoulos

G. Zaradoukas

G. Karagounis

K. Katsouranis

A. Tziolis

G. Samaras

T. Gekas

D. Salpingidis