Phantis Forums

Israel v Greece

js1000

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe Salpi and Ninis were booked for protesting that Kayal was man-handling the injured Ninis. Craig Thompson is a joke! Katsouranis' booking means he's out of the Latvia game, with Kafes and Ninis picking up injuries this is a concern for Latvia. Does anyone know if Toro and Salpi are also suspended for the next game?

Why are we dropping so deep and inviting pressure on ourselves? They have one or two good attacking players but are disorganised at the back, keep the ball away from their attacking players for goodness sake. In this case the best form of defence is attack. Get at them!

Is it a condescending back-handed compliment?

They do that all the time!

Yes it is. He's said stuff like, "Greece have played really well today. It hasn't been flamboyant but you wouldn't expect that from Greece" :LOL:

@Lazarus, we are in total agreement, although at least he's worked fairly hard today

Is this the match still going? We're in the 5th minute of added time now.

UEFA site has the following updates:

90+4 Refaelov (Israel) misses the target.

90+4 Natcho (Israel) takes the free-kick.

Yellow Card

90+4 Maniatis (Greece) is cautioned by the referee.

90+4 Maniatis (Greece) commits a foul after challenging Natcho (Israel).

Is it nearly over?

the next matchday will be the israelis last chance to try to salvage a place in the tournament...they will be traveling croatia for that one, so lets hope they are able to at least squeeze acouple points from the croats, making our road even less stressful.

I left work to come see the second half and I am glad! The britt announcer needs his battery popo kicked, as well as the ref's, disgusting displays by both :box:

The Israelis were proven to be dirty SOB swhich makes this victory even sweeter :gr:

Gotta say I love the way Santos has changed the complexion of the team, small accurate passes, possession of the ball, control the game.....nice work my man, right Euro? I remember you having your doubts about were the team's heading but sure looks much improved since the Otto years. One more thing, o ksilopodaros Samaras has got to go, much too slow and much too unskilled in ball control.

Archived