Phantis Forums

PAO - Odense

athinaios

I am sorry but this was humiliating. Odense was NOT a "European test". They are no better than Kavala, in fact they kind of play the same counter attacking style as Kavala too. This PAO team is a shambles, it was a shambles last season too and that was with Cisse and Gilberto. If PAOK do get a good centre forward they will definitely over throw us because they are quite simply better than us but haven't got the goalscorer to over come tight teams consistently. We have NO defence (i don't ever want to hear anyone defend Vintra and Spyro again because they are abysmal!). This is an INEXCUSABLE result!

Spyro, Vintra, Petropoulos, Marinos, Sarriegui, Katsouranis, Karagounis, are not PAO material. How many of those would get into Olympiakos' team? NONE! How many in to PAOK's first team? Probably none! it's ridiculous and unacceptable.

This is humiliating.

At a time when these clubs are in need of all the financial resources they can get from UEFA competitions, they commit suicide at home!

I am so deflated right now.

I would have thought PAO would have cruised past OD...i agree with other posters that these teams in the past were easy opposition to PAO.

We are about 3 years into the downfall of Greek football...thing will get a lot worse before or if they ever get back to the levels we once had.

:gr:

PAO won't make it. This team isn't ready for prime time in Europe. I'm sorry to say this, and, obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but if PAO remains in the hunt for the trophy in the domestic league into 2012, I'll be happy.

When I made this statement 2 weeks ago I meant that PAO wouldn't make the CL even if it passed Odense, which I said would be a 50/50 chance. Yes, it was 50/50 and if Ninis had scored, I think we'd be celebrating tonight.

However, conceding 5 goals in 2 matches in euro play won't cut it. Even the Europa league may be too much this season.

I saw some good things though. There are too many new players and others that can leave (like Boumsong, Simao) soon, so there's no core yet. But, given this reality I thought the team showed some spark and tried. PAO controlled the game but didn't manage it well tonight. Again, silly mistakes cost us.

There's going to be a long time for PAO to reach euro glory again, and the gap between the wealthy (and successful) euro teams is getting wider.

Spyro, Vintra, Petropoulos, Marinos, Sarriegui, Katsouranis, Karagounis, are not PAO material...

What about Tzorvas? They were shooting and beating him from 30-40 metres out!

PAO would've been better off with me in goal yesterday!

PAO would've been better off with me in goal yesterday!

If you had boxed out the Odense player at the 12' (as I'm sure you wouldn't have alowed that goal) the match would have taken a different path.

I agree, Tzorvas must go. I'll take Kotsolis.

What about Tzorvas? They were shooting and beating him from 30-40 metres out!

Didn't see the game, just the highlights. Was Tzorvas supposed to be something like a moving goalpost? Absolutely terrible!!!!! :tdown: Bares responsibility for at least 3 out of 4 goals. I haven't seen a goalkeeper play this bad since sometime around gradeschool - let's say 1966-1967....

I am sorry but this was humiliating. Odense was NOT a "European test". They are no better than Kavala, in fact they kind of play the same counter attacking style as Kavala too. This PAO team is a shambles, it was a shambles last season too and that was with Cisse and Gilberto. If PAOK do get a good centre forward they will definitely over throw us because they are quite simply better than us but haven't got the goalscorer to over come tight teams consistently. We have NO defence (i don't ever want to hear anyone defend Vintra and Spyro again because they are abysmal!). This is an INEXCUSABLE result!

Spyro, Vintra, Petropoulos, Marinos, Sarriegui, Katsouranis, Karagounis, are not PAO material. How many of those would get into Olympiakos' team? NONE! How many in to PAOK's first team? Probably none! it's ridiculous and unacceptable.

Absolutely right

PAO won't make it. This team isn't ready for prime time in Europe. I'm sorry to say this, and, obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but if PAO remains in the hunt for the trophy in the domestic league into 2012, I'll be happy.

When I made this statement 2 weeks ago I meant that PAO wouldn't make the CL even if it passed Odense, which I said would be a 50/50 chance. Yes, it was 50/50 and if Ninis had scored, I think we'd be celebrating tonight.

However, conceding 5 goals in 2 matches in euro play won't cut it. Even the Europa league may be too much this season.

I saw some good things though. There are too many new players and others that can leave (like Boumsong, Simao) soon, so there's no core yet. But, given this reality I thought the team showed some spark and tried. PAO controlled the game but didn't manage it well tonight. Again, silly mistakes cost us.

There's going to be a long time for PAO to reach euro glory again, and the gap between the wealthy (and successful) euro teams is getting wider.

This is exactly what concerns me; the gap between the richest teams like Man U., Barca, Real, then the rest of the teams. It becomes less and less about football and more about business; but business for the few. So if it means bribes and favors so be it, as long as they profit. Greed is seriously a major problem in our world right now and if its not dealt with then things will get much worse. With the collapse of civilization as we know it everything goes down the toilet; arts, culture, sports.

So maybe something drastic will have to happen to Greek football so we can just sort of start all over again! However on the other hand we seem to be on the right track with the NT thank god.

Archived