Phantis Forums

Odense - PAO

Irlandos

Can someone please explain to me what the F*** Vintra (or was it Marinos) was thinking when instead of smashing the ball upfield he tried to play a stupid little dinked pass down the line? He gives it away, a cross comes in and they score. We're under pressure for F*** sake with EVERYONE in our box in the 89th min and you try and pass the ball from right back? So dumb it's unbelievable!

not a terrible result or performance by any means. we werent GREAT but we definitly could have won. some stupid play in the back caused their goal in the end. we looke actually very promising at times but we still are not ready/as fit as odense as they have already begun their season..

i think we definitly could have popped in one or two more goals, won the game and closed the tie but we didnt and now we have some anxiety at home. i think we'll step it up and go past after seeing our team and judging odense.

Can someone please explain to me what the F*** Vintra (or was it Marinos) was thinking when instead of smashing the ball upfield he tried to play a stupid little dinked pass down the line? He gives it away, a cross comes in and they score. We're under pressure for F*** sake with EVERYONE in our box in the 89th min and you try and pass the ball from right back? So dumb it's unbelievable!

Generally, I cannot explain Vyntra's actions

No one can ever fully understand Vyntra's actions (or why Panathinaikos did not transfer him for a good price when a German club came knocking a few years ago.)

And when the cross came in, Tzorvas did not move. But the defense was living dangerously, and if OB had better finishers the scoreline might have been different. And I thought Ninis and Petropoulos were even less useful than Vyntra...

vyntra had a very poor game today. petropoulo had alot of trouble but truth is that he didnt really get good service. if you notice our goal, it was one of the first very dangerous balls we played in the box, petro used his strength in the area and basically created the goal. thats where he is useful. he is not cisse, he will not make a goal from nothing, he needs to be fed in the box and thats where he ll do work and where his strengths will be shown. truth is though, we need toche to step up and we need to sign another striker. petro can help us, but will not and probably cannot score more than 10 or so goals a season.

ninis was not great, but he had good moments in the match.

katsouranis actaully did well...but his half hearted "jump" to block the cross was comical to say the least.

I only watched a few minutes (highlights) and the ..lowlight of the late goal. They need to communicate better. Tzorvas should have come out for this one, unless a defender had a handle on the long ball.

At any rate, advancing one stage will be good for the club. But, then we'll draw Arsenal and it'll be interesting to see how the team responds with so many new players (many starters) against quality competition.

PAO needs to develop a great scouting team and its own players from the academy. I don't think there will be big money any time soon while the gap with the elite euro teams isn't getting smaller.

100% correct...

From memory alone i can think of the following youth players since 2005, who signed professional contracts with the club, only to fade away 1 year after doing so....

Bousinakis

oxyzoglou

sikalias

tripotseris

kritikos

tsemperidis

gadzhev

siontis

vellidis

stathis

pantelis

katranas

pangalis

kravaritis

konstantindis

pantidos

boutzikos

ninis

I can keep going on with list. The only one who has actually progressed, and we are still doubting his actual progression is Ninis.

What a great post this is!! This is the reason why I think PAO needs an overhaul in youth department. And as far as I remember, Oxyzoğlu, Boutzikos, Gachev and Sionti had good potential, too.

Archived